.. 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 ..

Dᴏᴍɪɴɪᴄ

"Breathe and relax." I grabbed Karma's leg slowly rubbing it to get her to stop bouncing it.

She took a deep breath starting to slowly calm down, as I watched her shaking my head.

We were waiting for her therapist to come call her name, and she was upset that I made her come but I didn't care.

You not finna disappear for two weeks and come back like everything okay, shit made me grow my hair back.

"Hi Karma." Some white lady came out smiling.

"Hey Sam." She smiled standing up.

"This must be Dominic."

"How you doing?" I smiled shaking her hand.

"Will you be joining us?" She looked between us.

"Do you want me to?" I raised my eyebrow looking at Karma and she shrugged.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Karma nodded grabbing my hand.

Sam smiled before leading the way to her back room and I felt lil mama squeeze my hand a little making me look at her.

"You okay?"

She nodded giving me a smile before looking back at Sam as we sat on the couch.

"So how's everything Karma? What's it been like three months?"

"Don't say it like that, I feel bad."

"No need to feel bad, but when you book appointments and don't show up it hurts."

"I'm sorry, I either forgot or something came up." I side-eyed Karma listening to her lie to this lady.

"Seriously how's everything been?"

"Everything has been fine, just preparing to leave for Houston."

"Do you feel ready for Houston?"

"I think so, been saving up from when I help my mom cook for her catering gigs."

"I meant mentally prepared." Sam gave her a small smile.

"Not sure but I think so."

"Anything else happened lately?"

Karma shook her head making me suck my teeth and they looked at me.

"Tell her how you just came back from disappearing for two weeks."

"Two weeks huh?" Sam raised her eyebrow looking at her.

"Didn't say a word, didn't know where she was, and still won't talk about it."

"That bothered you?" Sam looked over at me.

"Annoyed me, I didn't know where you were and nobody else could tell me anything, had me worried and then you come back and just tried to act like nothing happened."

"It was just another moment." Karma sighed making Sam nod and I looked between them confused.

"Better than last time, didn't it take a month?"

"Yup." She covered her face.

"You've done this before?" I grabbed her hand off her face.

"Would you like to explain to him?" Sam asked her.

"Umm you know I'm always the one to be laughing, cracking the jokes, and trying to lighten the mood for everyone."

I nodded allowing her to continue as she took a deep breath.

"Well sometimes I have these episodes which I like to call moments where I feel nothing."

"What you mean nothing? Explain a little more lil mama."

"Hopeless, no emotion, drained, and like life isn't worth living." She cleared her throat looking away.

"Karma deals with bipolar depression and does not like talking about it, it was a struggle to get her to tell the three people that know."

I nodded pulling her towards me a little wiping the tears from her face and kissed her forehead hugging her.

"Only my mom, grandma, and Chris knew but he's the one who really helped with the first one I went through."

"Usually I can deal with it by writing and listening to music, but nothing was working and I wanted to tell you but I just didn't want to bother you with it."

"I don't want you to ever feel like you can't tell me what's going on with you."

"I know, but-"

"Nah no buts, whenever I'm asking what's going on and checking up on you stop shutting me down when you actually got shit on your mind 'cause I'm not asking just to do it, I'm asking because I care and notice something bothering you."

"I know you probably don't want to hear this right now but you need to, I'm here for you and will always be here and so is Sam, so stop avoiding talking to us and communicate the feelings that you have building up inside." I kissed her forehead wiping her face.

One thing she like to do is cry when she can't handle something.

"I'm trying but it's hard and sometimes I just want to deal with it myself."

"But you don't have to Karma, isn't that why you started seeing me to not deal with it alone? And from what I can see and hear there are other people that are willing to listen and want to be there for you." Sam gave her a small smile.

"I know, but I just feel like I'm too much to deal with sometimes and just don't want to bother anyone." She sighed.

"Stop saying that 'cause you're not bothering me if I'm asking you to talk and tell me what's going on with you." I shook my head.

"And I enjoy talking with you and that's not because I'm getting paid for it as you like to say, but because you're a sweet girl with a beautiful soul and it sucks to see you not smiling."

"Stop crying lil mama." I sighed wiping her tears.

"I'm trying but they just keep coming." She said making us laugh.

"You are a crybaby."

"Hush, I get emotional every time I'm in this room."

"I want to say I appreciate you guys and will try my best to communicate better with you." Karma looked me in the eyes.

"Pinky promise me." I smirked putting my pinky up.

"Dominic."

"Nah come on pinky promise."

"I pinky promise to not shut you down when you're checking in with me." She locked her pinky with mine.

"Good, now gimme kiss." I kissed her lips.

"Man not in front of Sam."

"Girl she don't care." I pecked her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled.

"Did I become a relationship therapist this session?" Sam chuckled.

"He has not asked me to be his girlfriend, so we're not in a relationship." Karma shook her head.

Not yet.
~

ᴀɪɢʜᴛ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ sᴏ ɪ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴀᴛ 60, ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ, sᴏ ɪᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘʟᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ . 🙂

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ꜰᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋs ʟᴏᴠᴇʟɪᴇs . 💕