Goodbye

I'M SORRY FOR THE LAST CHAPTER DON'T KILL ME.

This chapter is really ironic considering the fact that I'm listening to Smile by R5.

I don't own TMNT, enjoy! :)

\|/ \|/ \|/ \|/ \|/

Casey POV

No.

No.

No.

That was the one word echoing in my mind.

When Danni was stabbed, I felt my entire world crash. Her horrified and pained face would forever be imprinted in my head.

I immediately rushed to her, holding her barely conscious body and pulling her close. I didn't want her to leave me, I didn't want to let her go.

I wanted her alive, I wanted her to live, I didn't want her to die.

Her eyes fluttered open. "Casey..."

I held her hand and looked into her eyes. I didn't even register the fight that was going on behind us.

All I cared about was the slowly dying turtle in front of me.

I hated seeing her like this, so much in pain, and I couldn't do anything to help.

Danni caressed my face softly, "Casey, don't cry, smile."

I nearly chocked. Here she was, slowly dying because of two stab wounds right before our wedding, laying in my arms, and she's telling me to smile?

"Why?" Tears ran down my face, streaking like rebels without a cause. "Why did you... You promised. You promised you wouldn't leave me, to always be there with me and for me. You broke all of your promises!"

She smiled. "Not all of them."

I frowned in confusion. "What?"

"I'll always love you, Case. That was my last promise. And I'll never stop."

"You..." I swallowed the thick lump in my throat. "Remember. Remember me, please don't forget."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

It was silent, excluding the fighting that was going on behind his. I held her hand, and she held mine.

The others weren't paying us any attention, and neither are the bad guys, which was good, cause I would've beat their asses to the ground if they ever come close.

"Casey," Danni whispered. "My pulse, it's slowing down,"

I frantically grabbed her wrist. She was right, her pulse is slowing down.

"No, no, no," I muttered.

"Casey, raise our little Onx."

"Please, don't!" The fight had already stopped.

"Don't let Raph go on a rampage,"

"Danni, please!" Everyone was crowded around us. Leo, Raph, Mikey, April, Miwa, Drew, and Master Splinter.

"Take care of my brothers,"

"No!" I begged her.

"Take care of Sensei,"

"Please!"

"I love you,"

I took deep, and steady breaths, trying to calm myself. Danni was smiling at me, silently asking for me to answer.

"I love you too,"

"Promise?"

My head snapped up.

Promise... But she broke her promises.

No. No, she didn't. At least not all of them.

"I promise." I responded, my voice cracking.

She looked at her brothers. "Leo, protect them, all of them." The leader nodded in acknowledgement. "Mikey, keep smiling. Keep pranking." The jokester sniffed. "Raph... don't kill anybody." The hothead grunted, crossing his arms. "Master Splinter, please don't break because of me." The old rat smiled sadly. "And for everyone else, I love you guys all." Not one person held dry eyes.

"Goodbye, Casey." And then, she went limp.

That was it. My beautiful to-be bride was... gone. Dead. Never to be heard from ever again.

I broke down, holding her body close to my chest. I don't know how long I've stayed on the floor, but by the time I stopped crying it was already night time.

I stood back up. Danny's body was bloody and broken, bent in an awkward angle.

I could've broke right then and there, but I promised Danni that I would take care of Master Splinter and her brothers.

And Onx.

God, how will I break the news to her?

All I know is, Onx will grow up motherless, and she would never feel the love of her true mom.

I miss her already...

"Goodbye, Danni."