Blue Magic

The already devastated family gathered together in the living room the next morning. Nobody said anything before the spell was chanted. A familiar feeling washed over as they re-entered the hall of doors. The next unlocked door had an image of a laboratory with a metal table with restraints and several empty glass vials near a syringe. This time Freya opened the door.

It was three months later. Well, three months and one week after Lily broke her werewolf curse. During those three months, she was examined, studied, poked, and prodded. There were some changes that her body experienced. Lily had better hearing, sense of smell, her vision was already perfect but now she can see clearly in the dark. Her reflexes had improved significantly. Dreykov reviewed all the notes from these studies and confirmed Lily is in fact the best candidate for the improved super-serum.

The family entered the memory, they were inside what looked like a laboratory out of a science-fiction movie. Medical equipment surrounded a metal exam table that had thick leather restraints. A rolling surgical tray sat next to the metal exam table. Research equipment and computers lined the walls, all running data for what was about to happen.

The lab only had three people present. Dreykov, the head scientist Dr. Yumatov Pavel (Pasha) Tarasovich, and a nurse prepping the table and the surgical tray with things necessary for the procedure. Currently, the head scientist, Dr. Pasha, was expressing his concern, "If we inject that much serum in one session she may die. Black Widow barely survived and that serum was not the same as this." Dreykov expressed no emotions whatsoever as he threatened, "You will administer all five doses at once." Dreykov moved closer to Dr. Pasha, "If she dies then your whole team dies. Do I make myself clear?" Receiving a nod from the scientist, Dreykov left the room.

Not a moment later, two guards dragged a sedated Lily into the room. She was picked up and placed on the metal table. Her arms and legs were restrained, a thick leather strap was buckled over her torso, and another was buckled across her forehead. Lily was too sedated to react. The guards move to stand by the door, blocking the only entryway into the room. Lily was then connected to a heart monitor, it showed a steady, average rhythm for a child her size.

The nurse can be seen opening a small, black cooler on a surgical tray. Inside sat five glass vials filled to the brim with a newly formulated super-serum. A serum that was produced from the same formula used for the Winter Soldier, only the properties of this serum were manipulated by the Tesseract. The origin of the Tesseract is unknown, its purpose unknown, and nobody knows how old it is. What they do know is that the Tesseract can not be handled with bare hands, as Red Skull found out the hard way.

Lily's eyes flutter open in time to see a syringe being loaded with a glass vial filled with glowing, blue serum. She tries to lift one of her hands, but the leather restraint has no slack. Lily couldn't maneuver enough to use her strength to snap the buckles on her restraints. She and her family could only watch as the nurse handed the syringe over to Dr. Pasha. Bending over to whisper in Lily's ear in Russian, "I'm sorry. This is going to be very painful." Elijah translated what Dr. Pasha whispered to Lily, and they shuddered. Dr. Pasha grips the syringe and states, "Time of the first dose, 0917." Dr. Pasha uses his free hand to hold Lily's arm still while he injects the serum.

Within seconds of the serum entering Lily's body, she tensed up. She felt like her body had been doused with ice water. Lily fought the urge to shiver. Then came the first wave of pain as her muscles seized from the temperature shift. Pasha injected the second dose, "Time of second dose, 0920." The serum continued to flow through her veins which have started to emit a light blue glow. Her entire body now felt like she was burning from the inside. Still, Lily refused to show any sign she was in pain.

"Time of third dose, 0922," Pasha administered the next dose while keeping an eye on the heart monitor. Lily's heart rate has elevated from an average of seventy-eight beats per minute to one hundred and twenty beats per minute. The serum shifted Lily's body temperature back and forth between burning to freezing cold and constantly shocking her nervous system. Dr. Pasha was quick to inject the next vial, "Time of fourth dose, 0924." He gave no rest before injecting the fifth and last dose, "Time of fifth and final dose, 0925."

By the time the fifth vial was emptied, Lily's body was convulsing, her veins pulsated, and glowing a bright blue

By the time the fifth vial was emptied, Lily's body was convulsing, her veins pulsated, and glowing a bright blue. Her heart rate had skyrocketed to a dangerous level of one hundred and sixty beats per minute, the monitor sounding off an alarm informing the room that Lily was dangerously close to suffering Cardiac Arrest. But Lily was a fighter, she was a Mikaelson for crying out loud, she will survive this.

Lily stopped holding in her screams, the volume and intensity of her screams rattled bones and gritted teeth. Lily's suppressed magic combined with the super-serum forced her body to emit an energy wave strong enough to knock over everyone in the lab, and fried all the electronic equipment and lights. Lily's body went limp after the release of her suppressed magic. She had lost consciousness.

The emergency red lights came on as everyone stood up

The emergency red lights came on as everyone stood up. Klaus looked at Lily's limp body. He stepped closer trying to see if she was breathing. Whispering her name as he got closer, "Lily." The silence in the room was broken by a beep from the now battery-operated heart monitor showing a slow, steady sixty-eight beats per minute. An average heart rate of a sleeping child her age.

Before there was time to react, they were pushed out of the memory. Davina voiced what she felt about Lily's magic, "Lily must've hid her magic the whole time. She is so strong and powerful, we all felt it and it was just a memory." Kol agreed with his wife and tried to lighten up the tension, "That wave of magic felt like it could have kick-started my heart." Hearing no snarky comebacks or even snickers, Kol suggested they open the door that just unlocked.