Reunite

Bucky had broken into the Hydra lab in Pensacola Florida and rescued his wife as they were adjusting her pain receptors in her new metal arm through a device connected to her brain. When he broke into the room, the surgeon turned Nadenka's pain receptors all the way up. The slightest touch felt excruciatingly painful. They were closer to New Orléans than New York. So they headed towards her family home since Lily told Bucky about her family and what they were. Bucky had to be careful about how he moved his wife. Before lifting her up, he wrapped her in a lab coat to cover her bare torso. He had stolen a small four-door sedan, placed her in the passenger seat, and drove as fast as he could without getting pulled over.

While driving Bucky pulled his phone out of his pocket and saw the screen was shattered and it wouldn't turn on. He was unable to get a hold of anyone until he reached New Orléans. The drive took a little less than three hours, whereas the drive to New York would have been closer to eighteen hours. Lily kept as still as possible so her pain levels wouldn't increase. She tried her best not to cry, but the pain came in waves so intense she couldn't help herself. Bucky kept looking at her and saying, "I'm so sorry doll. We're almost there. Just stay with me." He knew the pain she was feeling and couldn't help but feel helpless seeing his wife suffering.

The moon shone brightly in the sky as Bucky pulled into New Orléans, stopping a short walk from the Mikaelson Compound. He got out of the car and raced over to the passenger side to open the door. He crouched down to look over his wife before running a gloved hand over his face. Lily had not moved since Bucky put her in the car, her body turned to face the door. She was pale, sweaty, and her whole body was shaking. Fresh tears streaked her face as she looked at her husband. "Doll, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pick you up and walk from here," Bucky watched as Lily whimpered and her chin quivered.

Before he could move to pick up his wife, he was approached by three men. One of them spoke, "Is there a problem?" Bucky, still crouched, maneuvered his body to shield Lily from their view which did not go unnoticed. Bucky shook his head, "No. Just trying to get my sick wife home." The first guy leaned over to see into the car. His eyes widened at the sight of his adoptive sister, "Lily."

Bucky stood up quickly while pulling a gun from its holster, standing in front of Lily. He asked the men, "Who are you? How do you know that name?" He watched the men closely, they showed no obvious signs of fear. Bucky scanned the men, trying to figure out if Lily knew them or not. She never described what her family looked like.

The first guy spoke, "My name is Marcel. This is Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson." They observed Bucky for a moment, seeing if he heard of them. None of them had seen Lily's eyes widen. Bucky raised his gun, aiming at Marcel's chest, "How do I know you're not going to hurt her?" The men looked at each other. They knew they could easily kill Bucky to get him out of the way but Lily would be heartbroken.

The staredown was broken by a small, shaking voice, as quiet as a whisper, "Bucky." Keeping his body facing the men, he lowered himself to speak with his wife. He doesn't say anything, just nudges his head in the direction of the men. Lily gives a very subtle nod. Bucky lets out a sigh of relief, holsters his gun, and stands up. "She can't be touched. Her pain receptors are in overdrive, the smallest, softest touch is excruciating."

Elijah turns around and walks a few feet away, pulls out his phone, and calls Freya, "We found her." The overjoyed voices of Hope, Freya, and Kol could be heard. Elijah continued, "There's a problem. She can't be moved or even touched without being in severe pain." A moment of silence before he heard pages of a book being turned, then Kol came onto the line, "There's a spell to dampen the pain." Elijah tells Kol, "We're half a block from the compound near the tea shop." He rejoins the group after hanging up.