Graduation

Instead of a white door with an image, the next door was blood-red. But if you look closely there were images ingrained in the patterns of the wood. It was headache-inducing almost like they were trying to stare at inkblot images. Not wanting to make this experience worse, Marcel opened the door. None of them were prepared for this memory.

Exiting one hallway and entering another, gunshots could be heard coming from behind a closed door. Rebekah was the closest to the door where all the noise was coming from, so she opened it. They were in an office large enough for one massive desk, a conference table, and a coffee station on the wall near the door. On the far side of the table stood Nadenka (Lily, her birth name, is the only one they will call her.), with one arm raised in front of her aiming a gun at a target. Too quick to fully follow her actions, Nadenka would switch hands after firing each round without lowering the gun.

(Imagine it's Lily and not Natasha)

They all could see the target had several bullet holes surrounding the region of the heart and a few in the center of the forehead. Each shot would have been a kill shot. Nadenka swiftly unloaded the empty clip and reloaded, set the safety to "On", then set the gun down next to her. Nadenka stands at parade rest waiting for her next task. They all move to surround her, taking in her appearance. She looks to be around fifteen or sixteen years old, her light brunette hair was in a french braid, her face emotionless, and her eyes seem empty as if she was on autopilot.

The sound of a chair being dragged across the floor drew their attention to the area near the target. Two other girls had moved the target and replaced it with a wooden chair that a man was tied to with a burlap sack over his head. The man was sobbing but the sound was muffled. The burlap sack was lifted to reveal a high-powered, crooked, criminal defense attorney, "Tazio Cornelio. He's known for keeping the worst of the worst criminals out of prison. I always wondered what happened to him. His great-grandfather was a good friend of ours," Kol smirked.

Nadenka picked up the gun, walked up to Tazio, and fired, not even flinching when she was sprayed with blood. There was no emotion, absolutely no indication she had just killed someone in cold blood. Nadenka set the gun back down after flipping the safety on. The same two girls had removed the dead attorney and cleaned the floor.

General Dreykov was personally overseeing her graduation. He gave one of the other girls a slight nod to start the next portion. The girl walked over to the door and opened it. A very muscular, gruff-looking man came into the room. He saw Nadenka and charged at her to tackle her as her back was turned to him. With her keen senses, Nadenka was able to maneuver her body out of the way while simultaneously kicking him in the midsection. This task was to show her skills in hand-to-hand combat. The man didn't last long before Nadenka knocked him out. She had received a bloody nose, black eye, and a couple of broken fingers. The man's left arm was broken, his right knee is dislocated, a black eye, and a concussion.

Dreykov had the man taken to the medical wing to be patched up. He circled around Nadenka, he and everyone else in the room watched her injuries heal almost instantly. Dreykov exhaled through his nose and looked Nadenka in the eyes, he could see she was struggling not to kill him and run. The final portion of graduation is not something she wants to go through. Dreykov gives Nadenka a small smile, patted her on the shoulder, and has her escorted to the medical wing.

The memory pulls them into an old surgical room. Nadenka is in a hospital gown, laying on the surgical table staring at the ceiling with a blank expression, her mind has wandered elsewhere. The family has surrounded the surgical table. There was a chart hanging off the end of the table near her head. Hope was standing next to her father at Nadenka's head. She picked up the chart, and looking through it she saw what they were going to do. Her face became pale, she felt sick to her stomach. Finn was on her other side, he saw Hope lose color in her complexion, "Hope? What's wrong?" She handed him the chart, and swallowed the bile at the back of her throat, "They...Um...They're performing a Hysterectomy."

The whole family went pale, felt sick, then grew angry. Rebekah clutched the chart in her hands with tears in her eyes, she always wanted children, however, was incapable because she is a vampire. Her vampire visage in full display, "They took everything from her. Her childhood, her choices, and even the one friend she made." Rebekah's rage-filled eyes found her brother's, "Nik, if you don't hunt these people down, then I will." None of the Mikaelsons or Marcel has seen Rebekah so angry, no, not angry, she was livid. "Oh, we will. Right after I find Hayley and rip out her heart," Nik responded with just as much rage.

Before the first incision could be made the memory changed. Their stomachs are still in knots knowing Lily has been forever altered. The family found themselves standing on a cobblestone street in Rome, Italy during the day. Each of them looked for Lily. Marcel threw his head back in frustration, it was then he caught sight of his adoptive sister. "Hey, uh, you might want to look up." Following his line of sight, they found Lily perched on a rooftop looking over the city.

They watched Lily jump down from the roof onto the cobblestone with no problem, and proceeded to walk through a busier part of the city.  Following her through the crowd until they lost her. "How could we lose her? She doesn't exactly blend into the crowd wearing all black," Davina wondered out loud. They continued to move in the direction they last saw Lily go. A little ways ahead was a cafe with tables outside. Lily was seated at one of those tables, she was waiting for her target to return home in the building across the street. She was tasked to track and kill the head of a terrorist organization based in Italy.

Once Lily's target was seen entering their complex, she detonated a bomb. The explosion destroyed the entire floor, killing her target and every resident on that floor. Klaus looked closely at Lily's face, it was void of any emotions or expression. He looked to the burning building then back to Lily, "They turned her into a mindless killer. I've had enough of this. I want out of this memory." Klaus felt relieved when the memory ended and they returned to the hall of doors. The sound of the next door unlocking is one the family is growing to hate.