Sriracha

Sriracha

Stepping through this door was strange. The family had left the brightly lit, clean, white hallway for a grimy, dark asphalt street filled with vendor tents and tables. Each vendor was selling a variety of somewhat fresh harvested fruits and vegetables. A few vendors' tables away from the family stood the one person they have been watching. Lily was dressed a little more casually in dark blue skinny jeans, sneakers, and a light-colored tank top under a baggy black, zipper hoodie. Her hair was loosely braided with fly-aways everywhere mostly hidden under a dark gray beanie. Standing next to her was Bucky with a bag in his hand picking out some plums. Lily had a couple of Oranges, Papayas, Kiwis, and red Grapes in a few bags and a small container of strawberries.

Continuing to watch the couple as they shopped for a few more things before leaving the Farmer's Market in Brooklyn. Freya had a smile on her face, "If we didn't know better, it would look like a lovely couple having a day out." The group stopped and glared at Freya, one red-faced hybrid in particular, but Freya just shrugged her shoulders and kept walking. They followed the both of them a few blocks to an older-looking apartment building.

During their walk, the men noticed Bucky would maneuver Lily away from the street side of the sidewalk in an unconscious effort to protect her from passing cars. The apartment was a little rundown but seemed cozy. Before reaching the top of the stairs to the second-floor unit, both Lily and Bucky paused. They could sense something was off. Lily scoured the neighborhood for anything out of place while unholstering her handgun from her back. Bucky had already pulled out his handgun and was slowly ascending the last few steps. He quickly opened the door and went inside, keeping his handgun aimed ahead of him as he checked for anyone inside the apartment.

Lily had followed him inside and closed the door and locked it then set her bags of fruit onto the kitchen counter. At first, it looks like there's nothing out of place then Bucky notices a single piece of paper sitting on the small kitchen table. He scans the room once again, making sure he didn't miss any areas before picking up the note. Bucky allowed himself to smile a bit. Lily still had her gun aimed at the door, "What are you smiling at?" He turned to Lily and showed her the note, she smiled a little bit too. The note had two crudely drawn people bearing a resemblance to them with these words above them, "Found you, Bucky."

But then the direness of the situation hit them. Bucky stuffed the note in his coat pocket, "We need to go. If Steve found us then the others are not far behind." Lily holstered her gun to grab her backpack. She let out a small whine, "Man, I really wanted a fruit salad." The family chuckled at her. Elijah noticed Hope was typing on her phone, "Are you taking notes?" Hope answered her uncle like that was the dumbest question ever, "Uh, yeah. How else am I going to remember that my sister likes fruit salads?" She made sure to note all the fruits that Lily bought.