Chapter 8 - The Floating Lanterns

In the early evening, Eugene stirs on the big purplish bed. He was waking up. "Mmm...?" Eugene murmured. He rubs his eyes. Eugene touches the back of his head. He was a little sore. "Ooo, that was painful..." Eugene commented. He was rested plenty on the mattress. Eugene was overwhelmed. "Oh no." He added. Eugene checks his surroundings. "Where's Varian? Where did the kid go?" He wonders himself. Eugene rushes out of the bedroom. He glances downwards. Eugene was concerned. "Max, where's Varian?" Eugene wondered.

The white horse was perplexed. Maximus made a point gesture. The white horse neighed quietly to him.

Eugene glimpsed where Maximus looks at. He was bewildered.

Varian was watching out of the window. He was solemn. Varian sighs.

Eugene was pitiful. He walked downstairs slowly. Eugene notices a couple chairs in one area. He steps forth to them. Eugene picked two wooden chairs up from the small round table. He went to the window. Eugene stands near Varian. "Hey..." He said.

Varian recognizes Eugene. He stayed sedated. "Hey, Eugene. I explained to the horse what happened earlier. Maximus understands." Varian added. Eugene blinks his eyes twice. Varian was melancholy. "Sorry for hitting your head with a frying pan..." He apologized.

Eugene shook his head. He was sorry. "No, I should be the one to apologize." Eugene added. He puts the two chairs down. Eugene moves one chair to Varian. He readjusted his own chair backwards. Varian did readjusts his chair the same position. Eugene keeps touching his back of the head. "I kinda deserved to get whacked on the head by a frying pan." Eugene admits.

Varian faced him. "I've been researching the tower while you were snoozing on the bed." He mentioned. Varian sat on his chair the wrong way.

Eugene was baffled. He sits on his chair the incorrect way too. Eugene looked at him in his eyes. "How long was I doze off?" He asked.

Varian shrugs. "Just a few hours." He added, answering. Varian glanced at him in his eyes. "You haven't missed the floating lanterns yet." He stated.

Eugene stared out the window.

The sun was setting. It gradually goes down behind the rocky walls. The sky was a mix of pink and purple. The sun itself was like a bright yellow color. It has mixture of pink and yellow. It shines like jewelry. The sun was round. Of course, it glosses like a hard candy. The clouds around the sun are light purple puffy cottons.

Varian was serious. "Eugene, it's Rapunzel..." He urged him.

Eugene glances back at Varian. He was confused. "What about her?" Eugene asks.

Varian gazes at the walls. He was astounded. Varian gestures point. "Have you seen all of this?" He inquired.

Eugene gazed at the walls too. He was astonished.

On the dome ceiling, there are stars all over in the multi-circular lines.

On the entire wall, there are designs that are too pretty to describe. The girl with her long golden hair watering the flowers. So much different plants above her. Another girl with her long golden hair near the bedroom entryway.

Eugene had to get off his chair for a moment. Varian followed him.

Eugene browsed above the window.

There was the same girl with her same long golden hair. She was dancing herself. There was another girl with her long golden hair. She was sewing her dress.

Varian was wondrous.

Eugene keeps surveying the walls.

There are dresses next to the dancing girl. There are different kinds of birds. The girl with her long golden hair was next to them.