Chapter 11 - The Haunted Cottage

In the peaceful forest, Eugene and Varian (including Maximus and Ruddiger) wanders thru the trees.

Eugene was concerned. "Varian, are you sure of someone who has the crown went in THAT cottage? Really, have you figured out why the cottage was haunted?" Eugene wondered.

Varian pondered. He was knowledgeable of one fact. Varian was solemn. "Eugene, there was a tragic story about that particular cottage." He replied.

Eugene raises his eyebrow. He was bewildered. "A tragic story? What happened in there?" Eugene asked.

Varian took a deep breath. He was in no laughing matter. "I heard stories from the blacksmith named Xavier. He talks about myths and legends. The haunted cottage is one of the myths. Xavier told me that there was a woman and a little girl living in the cottage. Far away from Kingdom of Corona." Varian added. Eugene, Maximus and Ruddiger are engrossed in Varian's story. "They are mother and daughter. Xavier believes that the woman left her child alone every day for the Sundrop Flower." He answered.

Eugene was perplexed. "The-the Sundrop Flower? That SAME Sundrop Flower which it has saved the queen and the princess?" He wonders.

Varian nodded his head. "Yeah." He added. Varian was gloomy. "Xavier clarified to me about it. That's how I knew about the Sundrop Flower. The woman used the Sundrop Flower for her arrogant self. There's no named for the mother and her daughter. When the Sundrop Flower was taken to Corona by royal guards..." Varian replies. He stopped scrolling and gasped. Varian was anxious. He has his eyes widened. Varian was breathing heavily. "Oh no..." He whispered.

They halted their scrolls for Varian. Eugene faced Varian. He was fretful. Eugene clings Varian's shoulders. "Kid! Kid, what's wrong?! What happened after the royal guards got the flower?!" Eugene exclaimed.

Varian faces Eugene. He grabbed his dark blue vest. Varian was frightened. "Eugene...Xavier's myth was the exact...The woman who's obsessed over the Sundrop Flower...It's her...That woman deserted her child for Rapunzel...She kidnapped Rapunzel for her vain self..." He added. Eugene opens up his eyes. He realized suddenly. Varian was afraid. "Rapunzel is the Sundrop Flower...It must be why she's been in the tower for eighteen years..." He believed.

Eugene was resolute. "Varian, if that selfish woman was the one who has the crown too, now's the time to get it back." He added, declaring. Eugene smirked. "Do you still have the frying pan?" He asks.

Varian sighed. He smiles. Varian was confident. "Eugene, I took it before we left the tower. And I'm glad I did." Varian answers.

Eugene was contented. "I have a tactic to stop the madwoman." He mentioned.

————————————

The white horse galloped faster.

Eugene and Varian (including Ruddiger) are riding on Maximus' back.

Ruddiger was in front of Varian. Varian was in front of Eugene. Eugene had the reins for the white horse.

Varian frowns. "The scary woman cuts off the bridge before she abandoned her daughter. The way to cross over the chasm is out." He said.

Eugene was angry. "And what about the little girl? What happened to her after that?" He wonders again.

Varian was serious. "Xavier says that the Captain of the Guard took her in. He mentions her name was Cass-" Varian almost replies again. He blinks his eyes thrice times.

Eugene and Varian got wide-eyed. They are mind-blown. "Cassandra!" They exclaimed in unison.

Eugene was disbelieved. "What kind of a mother would ditched HER for Rapunzel?!" He exclaims.