Chapter 2

"So how much did you miss me, Uncle Charlie?" Brie smiles as she was sat at the kitchen table with her Uncle who was reading the newspaper, drinking coffee

"So how much did you miss me, Uncle Charlie?" Brie smiles as she was sat at the kitchen table with her Uncle who was reading the newspaper, drinking coffee. Typical police officer behaviour, all he needed was a donut in his hand to complete the cop stereotype.

"Well lets just say its a lot quieter when you aren't around" Charlie says without taking his eyes off his paper.

"I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not?" She asks as he looks up at her "But I am gonna take it as one anyways"

"You would never think you and Bella were cousins. You's are polar opposites. Bella, she's shy, quiet, reserved where is you Brie are outgoing and loud"

"Thats why we get on so well. I get Bella out of her shell for a bit whereas she reigns me in a little if I get too much. We are quite a pair" Brie smiles as she takes a bite of her cake.

"Just like me and your dad. Your definitely your father's daughter...in many ways. Im more reserved like Bella"

"Thats not always a bad thing though Uncle Charl. I would like to be more reserved but I just can't find it in me. Im too open. I just say things how it is"

"Not a bad thing either Brie. You tell it how it is. No filter. Bella needs to be more like that sometimes. Especially with that Edward, it like sometimes he makes her decisions for her and she just lets him. She can't seem to say no to him" Charlie complained.

"She loves him, its hard to say no to someone you care about most in this world" Charlie looks at her "Of course your top on the list but your her dad. Its different when its your boyfriend. Its a different kind of love"

Charlie folds his paper and puts it back on the table. He stands up and puts his cup in the sink before leaning against the sink "I just don't like how she spends so much time with him. She has loads of friends who she never see's. Apart from school but after its all about Edward. They just need some space. But I am glad your here, maybe you can get her to spend sometime away from Edward. Maybe get her to see Jacob once in a while. Ive heard from Billy they haven't been talking recently"

"She's with him just now" Brie's eyes widened as she just told her Uncle that Bella has skipped school.

"Is that so? I mean I am glad she is spending some of her time with Jacob but not within school hours, I'll have a chat with her when she comes back. Thank's Brie" he pats her on the back as Brie puts her head in her hands feeling guilty for putting Bella into shit with Charlie.

As Brie heads out the door, she see's Jacob's bike driving into the drive with Bella holding onto him. Jacob gets off the bike with a smile on his face. They must of had a good chat she thought. Jacob walked up to Brie and gave her a big bear hug. "Brie, I can't believe your back"

Brie forgot how strong he was. "A little tight on the hug Jake" she says as he pulls away from her as he apologised for being too rough. "Couldn't of been happy to see me back at the school, no?" She teased.