Chapter 6

Today was the day that Bella was graduation High School, along with Edward and the rest of the Cullens

Today was the day that Bella was graduation High School, along with Edward and the rest of the Cullens. Brie was sat next to Charlie who was watching on as they listened to Jessica standing on stage holding her speech in her hand.

"Our answers were thing like astronaut, president. Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!" Loud hoots and hollers from the audience, Brie smiles at Jessica's words as she looks over at Bella,Jessica's words are sinking in.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent" Bella knowing there will be no changing her mind once she makes her decision.

On the stage Bella walks to the school principal and shakes his hand while receiving her diploma. Out in the audience Charlie and Brie clap loudly, beaming with pride. The speech continues "So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be we won't have to guess. We'll know"

After the graduation ceremony Brie, Charlie and Bella walk away, Bella awkwardly shouldering out of her gown and mortarboard. Charlie wraps an arm around Bella's shoulder, emotional. "I'm so proud of you, Bells. I can't wait to see what you do next. You're my biggest accomplishment" Brie's heart beamed listening to Charlie's words.

"Dad, that's not true"

"Yeah, it is. And it's well, you'll see, when you have kids" Brie and Bella looked at each other awkwardly as they walked behind Charlie to the car.

It's wall to wall with teenagers. Dancing, celebrating. Alice has transformed the place into a magical nightclub. As Bella and Brie enters, Bella immediately overwhelmed by the crowd. She weaves her way through the throngs, searching for Edward. She finally spots him. Edward is deep in consultation with Carlisle, Emmett and Jasper. Their mood is intense Bella heads toward them but Jessica and Angela swoop in

"You've made it" Angela says excited to see Bella.

"Hey. What'd you think of my speech? Too easy-breezy, too self-helpful? You may admit it"

Bella shakes her head "No, you pretty much nailed it."

"Yeah? It's like I was born to lead, right?" Brie smiles as she shakes at Jessica, she was always stuck up herself that way.

"Oh, great. I love this song, let's go" She pulls them to the dance floor where Eric and Mike find them.
Mike and Eric start a robot battle. The girls laugh. There celebratory mood is in striking contrast to the atmosphere in the kitchen. A dance floor is Bella's idea of hell, but she forces a smile, shuffles a bit. Brie looks around and see's Jacob walking into into the room. Brie taps Bella who then points in their direction. He enters looking calm, confident. Quil and Embry flank him, looking tense, eyes darting around the room.