Chapter 20

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it" Brie and Jacob were at the Cullen's

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it" Brie and Jacob were at the Cullen's. They were talking about a excuse they would have to make up to Charlie about Bella. This wasn't fair Brie thought, they had no right to make up such a cruel lie about Bella being dead to her own father.

Brie stands up, looking a little angry. What pushed her was what Edward had said. "He needs to mourn, Bella"

Jacob nods his head in agreement. Brie couldn't believe Jacob was siding with them.

"You can't be serious?" Brie looked in disbelief "You cannot tell Charlie that Bella is dead. Ive spent weeks trying to convince him not to come over. He's worried. He wants to see Bella. He wants his daughter" She looks at Bella "You cannot go through with this sick lie"

Bella ignores her and agrees with the plan "Okay. We'll do it tomorrow" Brie had an angry look on her face.

"I'm gonna miss this place" Brie hears Emmett comment.

"We'll come back. We always do" Carlisle says

"Wait. Nobody said anything about leaving" Jacob is now standing up

"Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her" Edward says

"So you just disappear?"

"Jacob, we don't have another choice" Upset at the prospect of losing Renesmee, Jacob goes to see Charlie.

"Theres always another choice" Brie argues before looking at Bella then back at Edward "You are playing with peoples feelings here. Telling a father that his daughter is dead but isn't. How would you feel if someone did that to Renesme"

Brie walks out of the house and heads to Emily's. She is sat at her normal spot at the table as Emily brings them both over a coffee. "You think they are going to continue with this plan" Emily asks as Brie filled her in.

Brie shakes her head "I really don't know. I hope not but looks like its heading that way"

"Maybe its for the best" Brie looks up at Emily "He would be in danger if he ever found out about vampires. Isn't their vampire council against human's knowing about their kind?" Brie nods "Well then if Charlie finds out they could kill him"

"I know and I haven't been killed" Brie pauses "Well yet anyways. If he keeps his mouth shut then there wouldn't be any problems"

"Would he though? Would he be able to keep that a secret if he was ever to be exposed to it?" Brie knew Emily had a point, would he be able to keep something like that to himself? She wasn't sure. Would be a lot to take in, thats if he didn't think they were playing a joke on him.

Embry and Quil walk in to see Brie in the kitchen "Brie, didn't think we would see you around here anytime soon" Embry says referring to the fight.

"There is no bad blood on my part. You's were just trying to protect your tribe, I understand that" Brie nods.