Chapter 5

Bella and Brie walk along the sand

"So what happened to you last night? You were gone an awfully long time in that bathroom" Bella asks with her hands in her pockets.

Brie smiles down at the sand "I was just taking my time. I can not just have time to myself and pee?" Brie says trying to not let Bella catch onto anything.

"That was a really long pee Brianna. Why can't you tell me what happened? Everyone saw Paul go into the house not long after you did?" Bella pauses as watches the look on Brie's face "Wait? You didn't?" Brie just gives her a knowing look "Oh my god Brie, did you's have sex? What a way to accept the imprint then"

Brie shakes her head "We didn't have sex" she said continuing to walk a long the sand "We just had some fun, thats all"

"So you are okay with the imprint then? Paul came to speak to me when you left with Jacob. He told me then" Bella asks.

Brie shrugs her shoulders "Yeah I guess I did. It would be hard not to Bella. When we first locked eyes it felt like this gravitational pull trying to pull us together. Would be hard to try and break that. Anyways I heard you and lover boys arguing last night what was that about?"

Bella sighs "Just another argument about me turning into a vampire. He's worried about the consequences. He doesn't want me to lose my soul" she starts to shake her head "I don't know why he's against it. If he wants to be with me forever then he is going to need to"

Brie nods understandingly "I get your point but I also get his point as well. He doesn't want you regretting the choices you make when you become a vampire, you could kill innocent people before you even start to learn control"

Bella nods "Yeah I know. Carlisle said I would have to fake my death if I was to ever turn. He said it wouldn't be fair on my mom or Charlie if I was to just disappear"

"Wow yeah. I never thought about that. You would be leaving them behind. What about me? You gonna leave me behind Bella?" Brie questions as she felt an ache in her stomach, thinking that she would never see her cousin again.

Bella rubs Brie's arm "Of course I wouldn't. We probably wouldn't see each other for a while at first until I learn self control but after that of course I wouldn't..." Bella stops as she see's Jacob walked up to both of them, He seems distracted, like he wants to say something but can't. Brie's too busy worrying to notice.

"So, Alice is planning a big graduation party. Which you're invited to" Jacob scoffs as Bella keeps talking "Yeah, I figured that. What?"

"I just wanted to do this differently. Smoother. But now, I'm out of time"

Bella didn't understand what he was talking about "To what?"

"You need to hear the truth, Bella. Understand all your options. You need to know that I'm in love with you. And I want you to choose me, instead of him" Brie sighs when she hears Jacob say this, he just couldn't get it into his head that Bella has chosen Edward