16┊the calm and the storm

You did not love Uno.

But it was the first thing that came to your mind in order to distract the both of you from how close you had just gotten to Tomura. It had been like you were brainwashed, slowly moving towards him with only one thing on your mind. Him.

You felt something strange at that moment too. Part of it was the feeling of being brainwashed, but there was also...something else. This something made your heart feel really warm, but you couldn't quite explain the emotion in words. You'd never experienced it before, let alone so strongly.

You didn't know what it was, and that scared you.

So you opted to ignore the unnamed emotion, and the named ones, like Fear. Instead, you told yourself you weren't ready for a relationship. That you simply didn't want things to go too quickly, because compared to everyone else, your relationship with Tomura seemed to be progressing at a thousand miles per minute.

The two of you did end up playing a few rounds of Uno, albeit with Tomura barely saying more than three words to you. Clearly he was mad, and you couldn't blame him. You were sort of mad at yourself too.

"I'm sorry," You said suddenly.

Tomura looked up from his cards, surprised. "For what?"

"What happened... earlier," You replied.

"I'm not mad."

Oh. "You sure?"

"Yes."

"Positive?"

"I'm not mad at you! You're being annoying."

"Okay, okay," You said, raising your hands up.

A couple of rounds later, you groaned. Tomura had won almost every game. "How do you keep winning?"

He smiled. "Still like Uno?"

You shook your head. "You ruined it for me. Thanks, Tomura."

"No problem," He stood up. "D'you wanna go get food?"

"Maybe. Do you have anything here?"

"Nothing fun. I can't cook."

"What the hell do you live off of, then?"

"Cup noodles, frozen meals, chips," Tomura said. You internally winced. He was worse than you. "You look disgusted."

"I'm not. Just surprised," You replied. "It's a miracle you're still standing."

Tomura laughed. "I get by."

The two of you decided to get takeout and then come back to Tomura's place. You talked about different restaurants you'd tried on the way. Once you got your food, you started walking back to the apartment. But then you noticed an old park, tucked between a few buildings. No one seemed to be there.

You pointed at it. "Let's eat over there."

"Why?"

"Why not? C'mon, it'll be nice," You grabbed Tomura's hand and headed over.

Sitting down on the merry-go-round, you both opened up your boxes of food. Steam rolled up from both dishes, and looked so good your mouth watered. You hadn't realized how hungry you were.

As the two of you ate the sun entered its setting stage, bathing the park in sweet golden light. No one else was there save for a few birds hanging about. No one else walked by the park either.

It was peaceful. Serene, even.

After throwing away the trash, you headed back to the merry-go-round and laid down on it. Tomura soon joined you, grumbling about how uncomfortable the thing was to lay on, though he didn't get up.