Chapter Five || The Neighbors Next door

(A/N before we get to the story I wanted to share some art I planned on uploading on the previous chapter but an error occurred, like in the part where zenitsu helps nezuko up from the floor. Don't ask me why he has black hair lol, I also took my sweet time on this so it looks like ten times more neater :-))

 Don't ask me why he has black hair lol, I also took my sweet time on this so it looks like ten times more neater :-))

(A/N lol I also tried drawing actual hands this time it looks kinda good to me. Ok ok enough chatting now, back to the story 😆)

"Hey dad I'm back, where's mom?" I heard Nezuko speak, entering the house front door. "You're back? I thought you'd be short on money." I looked up at her as I was washing the dishes. "Tanjiro? Since when did you like to wash the dishes?" She looked at me confused. "Well it turns out your mom gave him some chores to do." Dad said chuckling. "Anyways why are we suddenly going to cook some cookies??" I asked scrubbing a plate. "Ya don't know? Your mother wanted to welcome the neighbors next door." Father spoke leaning onto the counter.

"Huh? I never even noticed that." I shrugged it off. "Well obviously you didn't, you're always playing video games..." My dad mumbled. "Hey!! You also play the PS5 with me you know!?" I laughed. "What do you expect me to do? I can't help it! It's fun!" He also laughed. "You know dad sometimes you act like a kid and it seems like you're my brother." We both giggled.

"Okay, okay guys, seems like you two can't get things done." I heard mom chuckling, entering the house. "Mom!! Finally, you're back." Nezuko ran giving her a hug. "Hey everyone." She returned the hug smiling. "Hey mom." Father said with a squeaky voice. Me and dad looked at mom then at each other, trying to hold in our laugh, so all you could hear was snorkels. Mother sighed as she set down some grocery bags on the counter. "Tanjuro and Tanjiro. We will be having the new neighbors coming to our house, you two better not make a bad first impression. You got it? You better behave yourselves." She pulled us both by the ear, giving us a death glare.

"Yes.........mom." I could tell dad was trying not to die of laughter when he said that, and so was I. "TANJURO!" She yelled at him playfully, as she laughed. He immediately ran away, as mother was chasing behind him with a knife in her hand, they seemed like they were having fun with each other, typical of them. Dad and mom are really funny when they act like kids, I guess their inner teen still hasn't faded away completely. Man, I'm really going to miss them one of these days when I grow up, and move out.

"Hehe, they're at it again." Nezuko giggled, grabbing some baking oil spray from the pantry. "Yeah... hey where are the others?" I asked, feeling the emptiness of the house. "Oh, we dropped them off at some friend's house, all of them had a doctors appointment today so they got outta school early. But, dad and mom decided to leave them at a friends house since they also have kids, and plus we have visitors coming over, we need some calmness. I guess it's sorta like a play date." She took some cooking ingredients out of the shopping bags. "Oh, alright then."

"So the neighbors will be coming over to our house?" I was confused. "Yeah, mom invited them tonight somehow." She giggled. I wonder if they have kids our age, we could be friends. Like we live right next to each other how cool is that? "I heard they have one teenage girl, I don't know her age though, she's probably fourteen or so." Nezuko paused for a second. "And if she is fourteen, then that means she's the same age as Takeo... how cute." She continued. "So she's an only child??" I questioned. "Nah, I don't think so. She probably has a brother or something, who knows, we'll find out sooner or later."