Chapter 11

She then walked over to the edge. I helped her down from the table. She smiled at me. She then bowed formally to me.

"Defeat the Orc Lord?" I asked, making sure I heard correctly. "Um...you're asking me?"

"Yes, that's right." Treyni smiled at me. Benimaru walked in front of me, gently pushing me behind him.

"That's quite a selfish request from someone who just appeared out of nowhere. Treyni the Dryad." Benimaru glared at Treyni. "Why have you come here? There are races far stronger than Goblins."

"Yes, that is true." She agreed, looking over everyone. "If the Ogres' homeland had been at full strength, perhaps I would have gone there." The kijin gasped. "Though, even if I had done that, I still could not have ignored this individual's existence." She looked to me.

"Huh." I tilted my head.

"Were our settlement to be attacked by the Orc Lord, the Dryads could not hope to fight them alone. This is why I have come to request assistance from someone strong. " She stated.

"The idea that the Orc Lord even existed was still just a theory to us..." I mentioned.

Treyni turned to the bowl of potato chips and plucked one. "The Dryads have knowledge of essentially everything that happens in thus forest." She held up the chip. "The Orc Lord does exist." She stated nonchalantly before biting the chip. Everyone from this world was too stunned to speak.

"If a Dryad acknowledges it..." Rigurd stated, looking to Kaijin.

"Then it must be true." Kaijin finished.

I sighed, then looked to Treyni. "Can you give me some time to answer? I will back up the Kijin, but I don't want to go poking at a hornets nest for no reason. Let me take stock of the information we have before I answer. Despite me being human, I'm the leader, after all."

She gasped, a little shocked before smiling. She nodded before she joined us in our strategy meeting. Jaken came with another bowl of potato chips and a cup of tea. She sat in between Kaijin and Rigurd, who were tense as hell. I mentally chuckled at them.

"Let's continue the conference." I announced. "Anyone have any ideas what the Orcs might be after?"

"One thing does come to mind..." Shuna said, hiding her mouth behind her sleeves. I nodded, giving her the go ahead. "Souei, did you investigate our village?" She asked my mate.

"Yes."

"Judging by your reaction, I assume you found none?" She said.

"Correct." He nodded. "Not a single one belonging to either our brethren or the Orcs."

"Not one what?" I asked.

"Corpse." Souei stated. I flinched at the mention of it.

"We didn't understand how they were getting the supplies to keep an army of 200,000 fed." Benimaru said, making everyone start to pale. Well, except for Koga, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Treyni.

"Are you saying..." I cut myself off.

"The unique skill...Starved." Treyni told.

"Starved?" I looked to her.

"It's a skill that the Orc Lord, a calamity that brings chaos to the world, is born with. It's influence reaches those who serve under him, making them devour everything in sight, like locusts. At the same time, they consume the victim's strength and abilities, making them their own substance." She told us. I shivered at the thought of eating my comrades. I couldn't, no matter how hungry I was. "It's quite similar to your Predator skill." She glanced to me. "In return for obtaining Starved, they feel constant, insatiable hunger. The Orcs move forward for no other purpose than to sate their endless hunger and gain more power. That is their king's only wish."