Chapter 5

I just keep learning more and more about this kid. Does he actually work at a vet clinic? I 100% didn't think he'd have the balls for something like this. Taking care and responsibility for this kind of stuff. But I'm no one to talk, at least he has a job.

I didn't want to keep Sadie waiting so I turned around and left, saying my final goodbye thoughts to the kittens.

I contemplated telling her about what I saw Atlas doing in there but decided there was nothing good that could come of me saying anything. I thanked her for the ride by giving her a light shoulder punch and smiling with an 'Ill see you later' kind of aura.

"Hey mom I'm home!" I called to her as I walked in the door.

"Hey kiddo, where were you?" She asked.

"I just went on a little joy ride with Sadie, I didn't worry you did I?"

"No... just please tell me when you decide to go places, you kinda disappeared for a while." She said sternly.

"My bad. I'll tell you next time." I apologized. I made my way upstairs and flopped on my bed. Should I text him? What face would he make if I told him I found out? I should wait until I see him in person.

"Ugh! I don't want it to be the weekend anymore, I'm getting excited just thinking about it."

I could go over to his house, but then what? Just show up and tell him that I found out about his little job at the vet? I don't even know what was so intriguing about it, it would have been funnier if he worked at a sex shop or something. But no, he had to work at a boring vet clinic. Wait, does he even actually work there? Or was he just helping out? He's probably home now...

I don't want to think about it anymore.

———————————————————

Fuck. Well I'm here... standing at his door... what the hell am I doing? It would be weird to leave now after standing here for so long, fuck it.

I knocked on the door and Atlas' mom answered.

"Skylar! Hi, what brings you over?" She said with her usual enthusiastic voice.

"I was just wondering if your son was around, I had some stuff I wanted to talk about." I said formally. I have no idea why.

"He's actually not here right now... his uncle took him out for a while after his shift ended."

Oh, so he does work there.

"Oh okay well thank you!" I said as I turned to leave, she gave a warm smile and closed the door. I got the answer I wanted, and I didn't even have to talk to him. Finally, my needs were satisfied, I could get back to the weekend.

I invited the girls over for the night, mom and dad were going out with some of their friends and wouldn't be back until the afternoon tomorrow. Of course I asked for their permission to host, and they had no issue with it seeing as my friends were, quote on quote "angels."

Mom and dad left in their fancy clothes and put their bags in the car, I waved goodbye and headed inside, waiting for my friends to pull up.

Sadie was ultimately the first to show up, 8pm on the mark. Mattie, Georgia and Nora all showed up scattered later between 8:15 and 8:45. I didn't have anything planned for us to do, it was gonna be a chill night filled with whatever we felt like doing.