Chapter 12

Skylar~

I woke up the next morning feeling sore. My head throbbed and I could barely sit up without feeling the urge to fall back down. Last night was like a fever dream, constant discomforting events replaying in my head. But once Atlas found me, the pain went away.

Speaking of which, I should get out of his house. I climbed out of the bed and stood up, almost immediately my body gave out and I hit the floor. "Ugh- fuck this." I groaned.

I heard a patter of footsteps rush to the room, Atlas stood outside the doorframe looking at me with a tiredly shocked face. "Skylar." He yawned. "Why are you awake and on the floor? It's like six-thirty."

"I woke up and decided to leave, that's what you told me last night."

"Huh?" He yawned again rubbing his eyes. "Yeah but it's six-fucking-thirty. I meant like around late morning, you don't have to leave while it's still dark out. Go back go bed." He said and started to shut the door.

"Wait!" I called, he propped open the door again and asked what I wanted. "Leave it open."

"Okay whatever." And he left toward the guest room again. I picked myself up and looked in the mirror. Oh my gosh, I looked like a train wreck. My dress was still on, I felt uncomfortable and started rummaging around in his dressers to find a t-shirt.

Err, that's a lot of condoms.

I thought to myself as I opened his top dresser, revealing not only that but piles of money and his passport. Was this guy a dealer? Is he going to escape the county when he gets caught?

I shut the drawer quickly and continued searching for a shirt. I found one in his bottom drawer like it was waiting for me, nice and folded neatly. I mean so were the rest of his shirts but we're ignoring that.

I put on the shirt and went to his bathroom to wash the smeared makeup off of my face, jeez I looked like a mess. After I refreshed myself, I climbed back onto the bed and actually got under the covers, I felt comfortable.

Okay Skylar, you have the whole day to fix yourself up.

I told myself, and I fell back asleep to gain some extra energy.

—————————————————————

Atlas~

Monday rolled around quickly. I cant really recall what happened yesterday after Skylar left. Just the image of her leaving my driveway and not looking back gave me chills the whole day. The image of that, and how Casey's face was going to look later today...

Yesterday morning was weird, strange, awkward. She came downstairs in my shirt, no pants though. I mean I doubt they'd fit her. But I think I almost blushed. Her head throbbed from the other night but I had no Tylenol or Motrin to give her, so I sent her home.

She didn't change out of my shirt though... she left my house wearing what she came down in, and held her dress and shoes in her arm. I think she also took a pair of basketball shorts and tied them tightly around her. She looked ridiculous, but they were my clothes so the ridiculousness of it dimmed.

I played out what I was going to do as soon as I saw Casey's punchable face at the convenience store today as I walked to school. I told myself I needed to stay calm, because I'm afraid that once I see him, I'll lose myself and attack him automatically.

I don't know what it was, I wouldn't feel this way if it had happened to someone else. But just because it's Skylar, I felt like I needed to do this.