Chapter 27

Faint whispers tossed me awake. When I opened my eyes, I found myself blinded as if the gates of heaven descended upon me. Nora moved the flashlight out of my face.

"Um, what are you doing?" My voice hoarse.

"Analyzing." The four girls said in unison.

"Analyzing?" I retorted.

"Yes, we're analyzing the huge hickey under your jawline." Sadie arched her brow mischievously.

"Hickey?" I put my hand up to my neck and felt a rough patch right under my jaw. I jumped up and ran for the bathroom mirror before my body pulled me back to the floor. "Ugh, wake up body."

"Why are you acting like you had no idea?" Sadie slumped down on the couch.

"Because I didn't."

Mattie, Georgia, Sadie, and Nora all dropped their jaws. "What?" Nora asked.

"I don't remember getting one last night, we went to the movie and then he dropped me off here." I pointed to Mattie's soda can infested basement floor.

"Did you drink?"

"Hell no." I annexed. I star-fished on the floor and began to think back to last night. The girls sat quietly in a circle around me, putting their hands on their chins and folding their arms as if trying to remember with me.

"...oh!" I snapped my fingers. ...oh.

"Did you remember?" Nora asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled awkwardly. They all looked at each other with unimpressed faces.

"Is there more to that statement? Like an explanation?" Georgia asked. I clasped my hands together and sat up crisscross.

"So you know that one scene in 'Don't Worry Darling'?" I stared at the floor. "Where Florence is on the table and Harry is... you know."

"OH MY GOSH- HAHAHA DID YOU GET HORNY?" Mattie burst out laughing.

"Oh no, not me- Atlas. I completely forgot about it, I wasn't paying any attention to him honestly, I was trying so hard to not look at him during that scene so I stared at the movie like I wanted to kill it."

"Sky that's the funniest shit I've ever heard." Sadie hid her face in her hands.

"Is it bad?" I asked, moving my jaw up for them to see.

"Nothing some color corrector and foundation can't fix." Nora said bouncing up from the floor and jogging up the stairs.

"I assume she'll be back with her makeup bag." Mattie sprawled on the floor.

"She has a makeup bag in your house?" I asked.

"She has one in your house too you know. And Sadie's, and Georgie's."

"What?" We all asked flabbergasted. "How do you know that and we don't?"

"She keeps them under your beds in a lululemon bag. I found it accidentally one day as I was digging through the underside of my bed looking for one of my socks."

"So you just randomly decided to check our rooms to see if we had one too?" Sadie squinted her eyes at Mattie.

"Yeah, kind of." She shrugged.

"Oh Mattieee..." Nora's voice echoed from the top of the stairs, "since when we're you so naughty naughty?" Nora trotted down the stairs with her makeup bag and a box. "Care to explain?"

Mattie's mouth gaped. "You little fucker."

"What's in the box, Nora?" Sadie asked. Nora looked at Mattie for approval and Mattie huffed before announcing her defeat. Nora dumped the box over and revealed a collection of kinky toys.