Chapter 22

"Skylar!" Mattie called as she ran down the hall, "Where the hell did you go after prom?? None of us could reach you on your damn phone!"

"Oops, sorry Mattie. My phone probably died and I headed home early because my head hurt." I said trying my best to bluff.

"It 'probably' died huh? Nate was so angry, who took you home if it wasn't him? Ronnie had to spend the last couple hours trying to calm him down. And by the way, Nate's temper..."

I pursed my lips trying not to think of Nate. "Atlas took me home..." Oh shit I shouldn't have said that.

Her eyes grew wide. "What???"

"What's going on? Sky oh my God! What happened to you?" Georgia asked walking in with Nora. "We we're trying to call you! I even considered driving to your house."

"Guys, guys, like I told Mattie- I had to go home because I didn't feel good."

"Yeah- that and the fact that Mr. Sarsamo brought her home." Mattie butt in.

"Hey!" I exclaimed at her.

"Ohoho, no wonder you had to leave early. Dancing with him must have been very tiring." Georgia smirked at me with sinful intent.

"You danced with him??" Nora and Mattie shouted at the same time. I covered their mouths.

Whatever. "Yes. Yes I did, and can we not talk about it here in the open? I feel eyes all over me." I looked around the hallway to peoples eyes towering over me. "Come on, let's go." I pulled their backpacks into an empty classroom.

Just as I was about to start explaining everything, there was a tap on the door. "Sadie! Someone let her in."

She came in slowly like there'd just been a murder. "So... what the hell is happening guys? What did I miss?"

"A lot." We said in unison.

"Anyways, everyone just sit your asses in a chair and listen to me before the teacher comes and kicks us out." Okay... here goes nothing. "I slept with Atlas."

"WHAT."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Georgia and Mattie sat quietly in their chairs before almost falling off laughing. "You must have been deadass drunk or something to sleep in the same bed as him!" Georgia lost it.

"Wait a damn minute. So you lost your virginity to him??" Nora asked completely baffled.

I pressed my lips together and didn't move an inch. "Do you regret it? Wait wait- was he even good? How long did he last?" Mattie came at me with all sorts of questions.

"Guys can we not treat it like some sort of one night stand?" I asked. They all looked in my direction with curious faces.

"So he wasn't just a fuck? Are we missing a whole bunch of shit or what?" Georgia went ballistic.

"Guys, I haven't been completely honest with you okay? Atlas and I have had... encounters.. over the past couple weeks. And it was easier for me to keep things to myself instead of deal with-" I gestured my hands out to the antsy group of girls.

"Oh really? Like what kind of encounters?" Nora asked.

"Well I mean, wasn't it strange to you guys that Atlas came by the dress shop? It was even weirder that he went crazy trying to find out where Sky went." Sadie mentioned.

I nodded my head in her direction. "Yeah and it was weird when Nate came up to Ronnie last night like they were in the middle of some conversation. I'm guessing that had to do with you?" Mattie looked at me.