Chapter 6

The beginning of the week rolled around once again, another cycle of early mornings and homework piles.

"Skylar! Come on you don't want to be late." Mom called from downstairs. It was repulsing to me how familiar this felt.

"Yep, coming." I said. Although I should be happier today, I made sure I could take a shower this time. I finished braiding my hair and made my way downstairs. Mom tossed me an apple as I started walking toward the kitchen, I caught it and stared in confusion.

"Sorry kiddo that's breakfast today, I'm really in a hurry to get to work and your fathers got the car ready to go. If you hop in now we can drop you off on the way..." Mom zipped in one breath.

"Mom calm down a little, it's fine don't worry about it. But I'd rather walk to school, the weather is gonna be nice today so I figured I'd enjoy it before I cram myself in a stupid school." I laughed.

"Hmm, alright suit yourself. I'm out of here, don't forget your key. Lock the door, make sure that-"

"Mom! Just go, I know the drill. I've been doing it forever now." I reassured her, trying to rid myself of this Monday chaos.

"Okay." She smiled and eased up her shoulders. She blew me a kiss and shut the door behind her. I heard the gravel in the drive way move as the car left.

I looked down at my apple, "You're definitely no waffle." I said to it in slight disappointment, but there was no reason to complain, the weather was gonna be nice today.

————————————————————

"Skylarrrr." Nora called out to me as I walked into the school.

"Hey what's up?" I asked enthusiastically.

"So I kind of need my box of stuff back..." She said intertwining her fingers.

"Box? What are you talking about?"

"The one I brought over..." She averted her eyes. What is she talking abou- oh no.

"Nora... tell me you didn't fucking leave those in my house." I grit my teeth in an irritated smile.

"I couldn't bring them back!" She said trying to save herself.

"Where the fuck did you put them?? They weren't in the living room after you left!" I was so sure that the room had been checked over before mom and dad got home, I wouldn't have left them out like that.

"Well the thing is-"

"NORA FILLAN PLEASE COME TO THE OFFICE. NORA FILLAN PLEASE COME TO THE OFFICE" the P.A. system called.

I looked at Nora with questionable eyes, "What did you do?" I asked unfazed.

"Mrs. Stan dress coded me as I walked in this morning, because I decided to tie up my shirt and make it cuter." She sighed.

"Why don't you just wear the uniform like it's supposed to be worn?"

"Finn likes it when I wear it like this! He thinks I look cute." She said blushing.

"Oh my god... go already." I said while pushing her in the direction of the office. Nora that little boy is going to be the death of you. And me.

She groaned as she turned away and trudged toward the office. I laughed to myself, never knowing when she would learn.

I headed to homeroom and sat waiting for everyone to be dismissed. I didn't feel like going to science though, I feel like it's all I've been doing lately.