Chapter 14

"Get in the car." I said to Altas as we made it outside the house.

"This is ridiculous." I heard him mumble under his breath.

"Um no. The only ridiculous thing right now is you, be thankful you're not dead upstairs right now." I corrected him.

"What's ridiculous is that you just cleaned my entire house, bleaching the carpet, wiping down the doors..." Yeah fine I admit I'm a bit of a neat freak.

"What the hell was I supposed to do? You don't want your mom to know right? So get rid of the scene."

"Okay." He replied. He knew I was right.

I climbed into the drivers seat and hesitantly put my hands on the wheel. "Okay okay." I whispered very quietly, trying to figure out which pedal was which.

"Oh my god, tell me you've driven a car before." Atlas said desperately.

"Shut the fuck up, of course I have.. on virtual lessons..." I admitted. He immediately tried to climb out of the passengers seat.

"Sit down!!" I tugged at his shirt. He glared at me and bit his tongue trying to contemplate what he would do. Reluctantly, he got back in.

"You're trying to save me by killing me on the road?" He asked sarcastically. I shot him a frigid look. He raised his eyebrows. "Skylar I mean seriously, do you even know which pedal is which?" He nodded his head toward the pedals by my flip flops.

"I- ugh I do! I do." I said annoyed, because I actually didn't. "It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you did a quick lesson, my parents have taken me driving before so I won't crash the car, just give me some tips." I advised him.

"Orrr I could drive."

"Don't you think I would have suggested that in the first place if you weren't the crippled baby you are?"

"Okay ouch, I mean maybe I just won't help you, I don't particularly want Nora's makeup all over me." He shrugged his shoulders in no complaints.

I sighed loudly. "Please? Come on, you owe me." He threw his head back on the head rest, and gave in.

"Brake on the left, accelerator on the right. And please, please, please don't be that annoying newbie that uses both feet on the pedals, just one foot will do. And please god let it be your right foot."

"OKAYY! Thank you!" I said brushing him off, he rolled his eyes at me and looked out the window. We started driving and it was quiet for a little, the silence of it all was honestly driving me nuts. It went from chaos to the vibe of a mother picking up her sleepy toddler from school. "Oh crap!" I suddenly remembered that my phone was still in his house. How was I supposed to tell Nora we were coming over? I complete skipped over that part.

"What?" Atlas asked with his eyes shut.

"I'm about to crash!" I said playing around, he shot his eyes open and reached across to me, I don't know if it was to protect me or to grab the wheel, he caught me off guard.

He looked around to see we were stopped at a red light, "Bro. I'm sorry that was so funny." I burst out laughing. He fixed himself up and pursed his lips in a disapproving way and closed his eyes again. "The actual reason was because I forgot to grab my phone at your house, Nora doesn't know we're coming."

"Then let's just not go." He said simply. He was right, Im not sure why I thought going to Nora's for makeovers was a better idea than a hospital. If I'm being honest, she's not even that good at it.

"So. Are you ever gonna tell me why this happened? More like, who you fought with?"

"Nunya." He whispered loudly. I leaned back in my chair as the light finally turned green.