Chapter 20

I was entranced. She might has well have cast a spell on me, there's nothing about her that I can hate anymore; it's all turned into things I love.

I cant ignore it, the kiss. It felt so right and so damn good, I was enticed. The way she looked at me as we finished dancing, our brushed up bodies against each other. I didn't want her to let go.

We made our way to the tables and she sat down, happy but exhausted. It seemed that she'd been hurting for that moment as much as I had.

"I need water." She said tiredly.

I burst up from my chair ready to help her, "No problem." I made my way to the table for two water bottles and as soon as I turned around, Nate had walked up and kneeled in front of her with a concerned expression. I froze.

She looked uncomfortable and he cupped her face. I could see his lips moving and her shaking head, my heart rate was skyrocketing. One, what's wrong with her? And two, he needs to get the fuck away from her.

He tried to pull her up from her chair like they were leaving, but she refused to stand. Her completely flushed face turned to me and then the bottles in my hand. Crap I forgot.

I walked back over to her and handed her one, pressing the other against her cheek. "What's wrong?"

"The music and the temperature, it's too much for her." Nate interrupted.

I looked at him confused, "What about the music, she was fine a second ago."

"She was telling me earlier, the music is too loud, it's hurting her head." He said, I faced her as she pressed her palm into her temple. What the fuck is this?

"Sky let's go." I took her hand and lead her out of the room. I was stopped in my tracks as I lost connection with her burning hand.

"It's fine, I'll take her home. You look unwell too."

I turned angrily. "What? I was just dancing, and it's a little toasty in there, right? I mean with over two hundred people it's bound to get hot. Besides, I know where she lives, we're in the same neighborhood."

"She's my date, I've got her." Nate argued. As we bickered over who got to take her, Skylar started to sink down to the floor, her legs giving out.

"Nate!" Someone shouted coming toward us. Sawyer! Thank god. "Nate, Ronnie asked me to come find you." He said pointing to the crowd of people.

"I'm a little busy, what did he want?"

"Not sure but he said he wanted to talk to you about something, I think something you were having a conversation about earlier? Sawyer said playing his amazing actors face.

"Oh.. okay. Can you do me a favor? Make sure he doesn't leave with her." He said patting Sawyers shoulder.

"Oh of course! Absolutely." Sawyer replied with his most dignified face. As Nate left into the crowd, Sawyer turned and gave me a discreet wink. 'Thank you' I mouthed as I quickly carried Skylar out to my car.

"Ugh." Skylar groaned as I strapped her into the passengers seat.

"Why didn't you tell me you didn't feel good?"

"I was having fun, I didn't want to ruin it." She said with her head faced away from me. I let out a sigh and started the car.

"I'd rather make sure you're okay than anything else."

"But when would we ever dance like that again."

"Whenever we fucking want to? I'll dance with you anytime." I pulled her chin to face me. "So don't hide stuff." She nodded her head silently and looked tired. "Take a nap, I'll take care of everything."