Chapter Eleven: Welcome Emperor Belron

James Kings retreated to the Master Guardian Quarters atop SafeHaven as Jonathan Jones and his men chased after Alex Dodgeson. He refused to see Jonathan Jones slaughter more Guardians. He kept his back to the west, with a cup of pour in his right hand and the pitcher in his left. His one good eye sealed shut as to try to teleport himself out of this world. His mind would not allow it. The image of Shawn standing on the patio stained with Leyland's blood, staring at him, repeated in his mind. The look of disbelief and shock. A glance of despair. James King sunk Shawn to the depths with him. His ultimate nightmare. James King spun and threw the pour. The cup shattered the window before him, sending shards out on the rooftop terrace. The flowers under the wooden canopy danced away from the abrupt force in the wind. The clay cup cracked on contact with the stone flooring.

James King leaned over the arm of his chair, squeezing with all his might as he looked at the calming garden. Envisioning his wife on her knees, tending to the greenery. A smile of joy almost came to his face but vanished as he heard the doors open. General Crowly and Sanquin came to speak to the Master Guardian but froze when they heard him shout. "Do not dare come to me now!" His voice roared like a lion. Crowly smirked as the door closed behind him.

"What was this about?" Forth General asked Crowly. Crowly stroked his grey sideburns, attempting to calm his excitement. "Why did Thyume murder Leyland? He would have led us to Ajax!" The accusations created that much more joy for the Second General.

"Thyume refused to accompany his brothers and sisters to Pompearl for our cause." Crowly answered. "It seems, Leyland's death was a parting gift from James King." Sanquin looked at the Master Guardian Quarters' closed doors.

"Thyume? An outlaw?" He said softly, shaking his head. "How can he refuse the man who saved his life? Nicholas died by the hands of our enemies and he deserts us now?"

Crowly snickered. "Thyume's mind was always vulnerable. It simply took the death of his brother to break it."

Jonathan Jones appeared, enraged, from the rear stairway. Forth General bowed his head to Jones as he walked by. "He does not wish to be seen!" Crowly's advice went unheeded as Jones barged through. Jones's cape waved and flapped behind him as he rushed in. He turned to face Jones. James King kept his back to Jones. "Is he dead?"

Jones shook his head. "No." A smile appeared on James's ailing face. Jones took a seat opposite of James. "He will though." James's smile faded. "The venom shall take his life very quickly. The two that took the body are a problem however." James swatted his dying arm at him, turning to face him.

"One, is nobody, a commoner from Gloria. He has nowhere to go. The other, a young man whom failed to pass the trials. They are no problem to us." James slowly lowered himself into his chair.

"You blabbed the plan to Thyume! All while his apprentice stood above! We cannot have him go to Pompearl and alert the High Council before Belron's arrival. That, is very much a problem!" James unwillingly agreed.

"I'll send a duo to locate them. My best tracker, Pari Kees is available. He shall find them."

Jones stood with a smile. "I have come to expect little of you, James. Your promises mean as much as a rain drop in the ocean."

"Thyume may have been an enemy to you but he was a son to me. It's not easy to destroy such a bond."

"Greater things are on the horizon, James King." Jones laughed, deep and loud. "Shawn Thyume was a stepping stone." James slowly sunk into his seat. "The memory of Shawn Thyume will fade away just as his father's." The realization of his actions began settling into his mind. He murdered the son of a dear friend, for an enemy that will threaten the lives of everyone in Forrea. He allied himself with Belron to keep him and his son safe. His greatest regret is allowing Dawn to die alone. A painful, slow death, with only Ian at her side. James King vowed to never allow his family to be hurt in such a way. Belron saw this, and exploited it. Threaten the father and nothing may come. Threaten the son of the father, and his home is yours. But now, many more people shall die because of his selfishness.