What Came Before

A deadly war has fixed its eyes on the land of Forrea

     A deadly war has fixed its eyes on the land of Forrea. This war between life and death has plagued this world since the beginning of time. Now this young country, once full of pride and ambition, finds itself in a dismal state. Generations have passed since the Royal Families landed on the western shores of the great continent. Those above the soil know not of the fearless nights. The increased threat of outlaws ransacking villages and towns keeps a mother clutching her children at night. The ancestors that ran from corrupt Kings in Grantoes and found Forrea across the widening sea lived in ignorant bliss for some time. The new land was a place of joy and freedom. The citizens could live peacefully without the crushing weight of a King's tyranny.

     Through time and conflict the honorable Royal bloodline thinned. The family, focused on itself, entrusted Forrea to their advisor and Guardian of Peace Arnold Belron. The people cheered for joy as a new figure took control of Forrea. Belron's wise words brought comfort to those who have none. Hope was rained down on the less fortunate. But as the years went by, so did members of the Royal Family. Belron stood unopposed and unstoppable. The power twisted him into a new terror. His influence swayed the four Land Lords of Forrea and military Generals. His heart turned on the people he swore to protect. He saw value in only those he thought benefited Pompearl. To those who dare speak against Belron were cast out of Pompearl's white gates or imprisoned until they starved to death. The peoples' hearts grew dreary and skeptic. They slowly lost hope and trust. Until one day, two decided to stand before evil and save the people of Forrea from the abuse.

     It took just two men to bring the people of Forrea together. Guardians of Men: Gregory Thyume and James King. Together they inspired the citizens around Forrea to dethrone Belron. They removed the self-proclaimed Emperor Arnold Belron from Forrea and punished his supporters. Once the capital was stable they formed a High Council to seize control of Forrea. The group of ten individuals were given responsibility, divided but together powerful. Not one person could control all of Forrea again. Gregory and James were fine men, built to lead but remained detached from the Council.  Instead they created an organization. An organization built to protect the citizens of Forrea. They created the SafeGuard. Guardians of Forrea, fighting for those unable to defend themselves. Their true mission: to endure evil, face it and eliminate it.

     They were faced with another assault orchestrated by Belron himself. Deep in the south, on the Southern shores, Belron returned with forces from the West, across the Parting Sea. A band of armies summed to aid Belron's return to power. Gregory and James' Guardians stood with the Forrean army to fight back the enemy. Though their forces were fewer, they managed to drive the invaders back to their homeland, and vanquished Belron once again. The conflict left the beaches permanently changed to red and The SafeGuard with one leader. Many souls were lost including Gregory Thyume, but Forrea was saved once again. They stand ready to defend, no matter the cost.

----

SafeGuard pledge