CHAPTER 26

"THE BROKEN SOUL'S CONFESSION"

"ARE YOU SURE you're gonna be okay?" Jeongyeon asked. She held Jennie's arms and gave it a squeeze, her concern for them was very obvious and she wanted to do as much as she could to help, but Jennie refused for the sake of Lisa's safety.

I nodded. "Yes, we'll find a way. It's just that...it's going to be really tough but I'm sure we'll get through it.

She pulled me into a tight hug and caressed my back. "You know I'm worried for you, right? Me and Nayeon."

I sighed, i never really liked the idea of having someone worried for me. If my parents were, i understood and accepted their worries since they were my parents and they'd do anything to keep me upfloat, but i'd rather prefer no worries at all than having the people I'm close to know that I'm going through tough times.

Given how I'm very well aware of the fact that it's alright to ask for help and not fight everything alone but right now i needed to, i needed to work on this by my own for now...until i can secure our safety and discretion.

Find a way to ensure Lisa's safety and take care of her well being, keep my Pierro away from stress...yeah, I'm sure i can handle it.

After paying for all of our medical bills, it costed me almost a hundred grand but i didn't since Jeongyeon was nice enough to give me a little discount when i strongly opposed that i pay her generously for helping Lisa.

This is why you should always take care of yourself, the doctors want you to be sick so they can earn money. And honey...medical bills aren't gonna be something pretty you want to lay your eyes on.

Fortunately, i don't spend too much money on trivial things. I do give Lisa and Pierro an everyday allowance of a thousand euros for their expenses, they don't spend it all in one go even if i give them that much so they were able to save much money for future purposes such as this one. Pierro loved and cared for Lisa so much that he insisted we use the money they both saved to pay for the bills, his unconditional love for her was admirable, similar to a father and daughter relationship that really fitted them.

I went inside Lisa's room where a bunch of nurses sent by Jeongyeon helped out in cleaning our things and the room itself that was about to be reserved for another patient that was being admitted an hour later, everything was pretty much cleaned up and the nurses already began leaving the moment i stepped inside, they carried out the used blankets, curtains, pillows and even the mattress that they were all going to replace.

Lisa was sitting silently on the wheelchair, laying back with both her hands rested on her lap, i noticed how her eyes were empty and mouth was left open. The sight of her made me want to kneel down and hug her, give her a kiss on the forehead and just comfort her with words.

It pained me again, like my heart was lacerated. A curious assassin who then became a free housekeeper under my care, i didn't expect the same person to end up becoming a broken soul.

I can't imagine the trauma she's went through, the moment she saw her file with her photos and name on it, she went hysterical and lost her sanity.

Her scars explained it, she was physically and mentally abused. All for the sake of killing people on other's behalf, an assassin's trauma is already a given and Lisa is a perfect example for that narrative.

"I'M SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!"

"They made me kill them, they made me kill them. They'll kill me if i didn't, i didn't know."

I closed my eyes just to stop myself from crying again, realizing that i dozed off. I returned my gaze back to Lisa who was surprisingly being spoken to by Pierro, he knelt down to the same level as Lisa's face and held both his arms on hers.