Chapter 13.

I feel my heart beat faster, I start sweating and it's hard to breath: I'm about to have a panic attack, but I can't deal with it right now, I have to find a way to get away, I can't go back to that house, not after everything that I have done to get the most far away from it as possible.

I look at my hands for some minutes, trying to catch a thought between all those thoughts that were screaming in my mind.

I slowly looked up at the woman behind the desk, trying to make the calmest voice as possible.
"M-my mom?" I ask, looking at her while she looks up from those papers.

She slowly nod, and then get back to look at the papers "Yes, her number was on one of those flyers around the town. We called her and she seemed really happy to know that you're safe."

Happy?

Yes, don't you remember Tweek?

Mom wanted to be an actress, that's why she can act so well.

"Why did you do it, kid? I bet that your parents were worried sick."
That question wakes me up from my thoughts, and I just sigh.

"They weren't.." I softly say, but she couldn't hear me.
She wouldn't understand what I meant anyway.

"But..the good thing is that you're clean now. There were many drugs in your body, you could have died, you know?" she says, with a mom voice.

Not that I really know how it feels to have a mom who warn you about those sort of things.
All mom can say is,

"Take the pills honey. They'll make you feel better!"

They never made me feel better.

But I never declined.

"Am I...am I clean from all the drugs?" I ask.
"Yes" she replies "Your body has healed." she watches me as I put an hand on my chest, thinking of my body as something more important than just a coffee container.

I closed my eyes, thinking of my body as a little green tree.
Would my parents kill that tree again?

When I thought of that, I imagined the little tree becoming more and more red, until it died.

I open my eyes again, and I sigh.

"Is..um...did you call the police too?" I ask, with hope: if the police is informed, maybe they will not hurt me a lot.

It wouldn't be smart, since the police would get to know it and would arrest them.
They would then discover the drug in the house too, and it will be a big trouble for them.

It wouldn't be smart to hurt me if the police knows, and my parents are smart.
Too much.

"No, no" she says "Dont worry kid, your mom has said that it's not necessary. She said that she will bring you right at home, in your mountain town"

I sigh.

I have no hope, and I can't ask her to call the police: after going missing, nobody will believe me again.
And I will die alone.

A security guard get up and go out from the door, while the other guard goes to the window and looks outside.

The woman behind the desk gets up and follow the guard to the window, while saying "Is she here?"

I hear a car stops, and I tighten my grip on the backpack.

"Yes, they arrived."