Family

I limp walking slowly holding auroras hand. She hadn't left me. She was very worried it was adorable. "You kay mummy" she asked looking up at me with her big brown eyes "I'm fine baby" she smiles I pause at the bottom of the steps making her stop and look at me. "I just have to go slow on the steps you can go up" I told her gripping the railing pausing at each step. Not once did she let go, she stepped up the steps like I did.

I sigh knocking on the door of the blue old style house. I lift Aurora much to my bodies displeasure letting her ring the door bell. The door opens a moment later "hi" Aurora said happily "oh my Carl Carl come out here" my mother exclaimed opening the screen door. She pauses looking at me "Holly" she gasps her arms are around me so tightly holding me. I wrap my free arm around her the other holding Auroras hand. "Care get out here" she shouts making Aurora jump "who's this" I smile at Aurora who shakes her head "Aurora my daughter" I said I think the yelling might have startled her. Last time she heard yelling was in the basement and yelling was never good. She usually had to stay hidden listening to the screaming and yelling. Aurora waves nervously. I sigh lifting her up placing her on my hip. My body hated me but my baby needed me. "What's all the yelling about Mary...My golly" my dad said clearly seeing me. He wraps his arms around me careful of the three year old in my arms. "I didn't believe them when they said they found you" I smile "who's this" "Aurora my daughter" I said "Jumanah this is my parents your grandpa and grandma" I told her "like grandpa" she said looking at me. I knew she was referring to Hank. She occasionally called him Hank specifically when she deemed him said. The amount of times she told everyone his dad and he has no idea what's she talking about. "Similar they are just grandma and grandpa not like Hank" "so no nicknames" "how bout we know them first" "right" she smiles looking over at them smiling. "I never had grandpa before Hank are you cool like him" "she thinks everyone is cool" I assure them "come in come in can you stay for a bit" my mum said nodding in reply. I put Aurora down my body instantly thanking me. Aurora puts her hand out for me to take "Mumma is hurt" she said shrugging walking with me holding her hand.

"So how were your parents" Erin asks Adam, Jay and Kim were all in the room. "Nana" mummy" Aurora said handing me a banana. "Adam said it make you better Jay said apple but I want the apple...also they crunchy your hurt" told me smiling "they were good but wanted us to stay they just wanted me close to know her...we'll visit but it just didn't feel like home feel safe and I need that for her" "water mummy drink ill told me you need lots of water to be better" "thank you baby" I told her smiling watching her run away "people need to stop telling her how to make me better or she's going to drive me insane" they just laugh "you want a feet massage" Aurora asks "Rora baby you don't have to fuss over me" "I don't make you ok Jay get annoying" she said stamping her feet "I knew I wasn't annoying" Adam exclaimed "that's because you do anything she wants" I said smiling hearing everyone laugh around me "how bout we go find all the toys you got while mummy was away to show her" Kim said making her smile and rush away. "Thank you all of you for looking out for her keeping her safe" "hey you didn't even have to ask" Erin said "technically she didn't" Jay mused smirking "I would have" I reassure them "we know family doesn't have to ask" Erin told me "it didn't feel like my parents were family" I said after a moment "I don't know it just felt like they were pushing Rora away" "they might just not know how to react" "she's right you have been missing for ten years then knock on the door with a three year old it would probably come as a shock" Sylvie said when she got here I really couldn't tell you "they just seemed worlds apart" I said shrugging watching as Aurora runs up to me. "Look look" she had a bag full of toys "Hank got me doggie he said she will keep me company" it was a German Shepard fluffy dog with a police hat on "I love it uh Adam got me dinosaur I like tracing the tracing him" she held the blue dinosaur up "it's titansaur" "Titanosauria" she's a tad bit obsessed with dinosaurs always has been. "Jay got me a bear this one his cuddly look" she places the light brown bear that had long fur in my arms "I named him Burt I'm not good at names he told me" "that's ok" I shrug "Ohh Elly gave me this bear it's a firefighter like him Adam told me I can't have him around the police or he will burn it" I nod "vie got me this unicorn it rainbow cause I didn't know if I like purple or blue or green" I smile holding it as she passed it to me "Erin gave me this" she held up a superhero dog "she said it was you cause you come back" I laugh "I'll always come back to you but I think we should talk to everyone about giving you so many gifts" she shakes her head "I say thank you and I never get gift before I didn't know if I take it or not" "you take it baby if it's a present even if you don't like or don't want it you take it" she nods smiling "your all my family" I said suddenly looking around the room "you love my daughter endlessly and prove that time and time again that is the most important thing to me" "you know we don't just love you your daughter right" Jay said sipping a beer as he sat beside me. Adam was on my other side "his right we do love you as well" Sylvie said smiling as she tickles Aurora "mummy calls me silvie before but she say it get to confoosing for everyone" "you smarter than a lot of us" Adam told me making me smile "especially the two of them" Erin adds pointing to Jay and Adam "hey" "what" they both exclaim making me laugh "they are both special Erin" I said between laughing Erin and Kim laughing as well. Sylvie was far to absorbed with Aurora who was laughing like a maniac.