Afraid

I chase Aurora down the street. It's what we do we walk or run down the street. It's freeing. I guess to people who haven't been trapped in a basement it would be weird. I turn a corner with her right beside me. As I'm turning the corner a man with a suit runs straight into me sending me to the floor causing Aurora to scream and yell. "What it" he had a mean voice "I'm sorry" I say quietly going to get up but he takes a step forward knocking me down again. "Why don't go you back to where you came from" "excuse me" I was highly confused. But I knew what this was. "You heard me bitch get out of my way" I don't move paralysed with fear. Guess ten years being someone's rag doll does that. He slaps me when he see me not moving. I take it like I always have. I don't know what I even did to him. Auroras screams snap me out of what we daze i was in. I can feel blood pouring out of my mouth. "Silver" she look at me she knows if I can her silver to listen closely. I move my eyes around seeing a patrol car driving not to far away. "Baby I need you to go to it and tell them you need your friends they are intelligence" my breath becomes laboured as I watch her run almost getting it by a car in the process alerting the cops she was there. "You ruined my suit" he grabs me I don't fight back Aurora she may be young but she knew what to do and she wouldn't stop till she did it.

I don't know how long I was there. I just know this guys friends turned up wanting to beat me to. I didn't fight I just took it. They were yelling horrible things. "Mummy" I hear my baby scream I felt like someone had drained the life out of me, but her screams and begs were putting it back in like they always do. I left her tiny hands on my face. "Remember oo said oo never leave he hurt us worse close eyes" it may not make sense but it did to me. My daughter was begging like she always did. I take a deep breath slowly moving my arm lifting myself up. Sure it hurt but she was right he hurt us worse. I wrap my arms around her holding her close. "It was Kimmy mummy she called Jay after I kept saying his name and he brought our friend to save you" I kiss her head "you saved me kiddo not him you" she smiles proudly. I glance behind her noticing intelligence standing there looking sad. "What happened Hol" Erin asks carefully "I was running beside this one and bumped into him said sorry but he wouldn't stop kept saying things then called friends" I was really jumped "do you know why" Adam asked he was confused "yeah the same reason all people who aren't which white get beaten" I stand up pain firing through my body but it's not bad. Kevin looks at me sadly probably getting it better than the rest. He wraps his arm around my shoulder "are you ok" I nod "I have been beaten far worse and getting her away was my biggest priority" I shrug weakly smiling "you know what he said isn't true" I nod "I have been in a basement for ten years when someone starts I am conditioned not to fight back the only thing I do is get her to safety" he gives me a gentle squeeze "well we are going to have to change that" Antonio speaks up confusing me "what do you mean" "Antonio owns a gym was a boxer and we are going to turn you into the fight you once were" Erin said placing hands on my shoulders "so we can hurt em" Aurora asks smiling "Yep" Erin nods leading me to a car. "I don't get scared for me I get scared for her I don't feel it" "I don't know whether that's good or bad" Jay said confused "do you have anything useful or empowering to say" Erin asks causing him to shake his head "then shut up your ruining the moment" she snaps and begins to drive. I'm in the back silently laughing with Aurora who has no idea what we are laughing at. Jay sees us in the mirror laugh, he just smirks and shakes his head.