Lovely

I hold Auroras hand as we walk into the firehouse. "Rory" a guy shouts I don't remember his name I think I met him like once. "Elly" she squeals racing over to him jumping into his arms. "I miss oo" I smile "did you bring your mumma" she nods proud "Kelly Severide" "Holly but I'm pretty sure you knew that" he smile "where Vie" "she's out helping people she will be back soon" he said putting her down I watch her run down the halls smiling "yeah she kinda knows her way around" "I have no doubt she does probably won everyone over to like she did at the district" he nods smiling "I'm not joking I have been getting messages from Jay and Adam about where their favourite girl is and when she's coming back" he laughs shaking his head.

There were so many people walking along the street. We had long since left the fire station allowing the to be less distract by a chaos ball that is Aurora. I could hear my heart in my ear thumping. I make an effort to stay close to Aurora without startling or alarming her in anyway. This meaning I was now skipping down the street just to make sure she wasn't to far away. I was scared that if I let her any further than an arms length someone would be able to pull her into a van and I would never see her again. Those few weeks where I let her go to keep her safe were the worst. Far worse than when I was first taken and even worse than when he made me his plaything. "Mumma" I hum looking at her "I miss our world" I sigh "people are rude here and they don't use manners like you said we need to do" I kneel down ignoring the dirty looks I was receiving running my hand through her chaotic brown hair. "I know it's different baby" "I want to be home" "we have a new home now with Erin until I can figure out how to get us a place of our own" she pouts "I miss our world" "I do to baby" it was times like this that I did wonder if I did the right thing in getting us out and away from him. "How bout we make a whole new world one just for us and all these people are just obstacles" she looks around unsure I sigh picking her up, her arms immediately go around me holding me tight. "Besides if were still on our world you wouldn't know Aunty Erin or Aunty vie" "Jay and adum or Elly" "yep and everyone else you wouldn't know them so isn't it a little bit good" "just a little" she said smiling nodding "we just have to find what else is good" "no more people they are mean" I give her a gentle squeeze sighing.

I sat on the couch with Aurora on top of me. She had passed out long ago after breast feeding. "Hey" Erin said walking in I wave not wanting to wake Aurora up. I watch her put her stuff away before coming over to me. "I don't want you to get mad ok" "what" I immediately become concerned "does she eat food" "sometimes" I said shrugging "Hol I have spoken to a few doctors she needs to be eating food she can't survive off you" "I don't want to overwhelm her by introducing her to to much at once he never brought enough food for the both of us I would always give her little bits to nibble on but she ultimately relied on me he didn't want her to take food" Erin weakly smiles at us "I don't know how do I take away the one constant thing she's had besides me I can't not now when her entire world has been flipped over" I told her making her sigh and nod. "She is one in a million but she will be ok she was only having milk from a bottle and food when she was with us before we got you" I smile knowing she can do it and that she was really ok. I did worry that would be an issue. "She adapts Hol she will be perfect probably the most well adjusted kid because of what she has been through" I nod slowly "all I want to do is right by here but I don't even know how you have all these foods and medicines sure I know what they are but fifteen years away is along time the world changes and I don't know how to navigate it much less lead her" "hey we got you all of us and no one will let anything happen to sweet rora who has warmed all their hearts" she assured me "Natalie one of the doctors did tell me she is one of the brightest three year olds she's ever seen took Will Jays brother his a doctor to, a while to believe she was three she really smart so despite being held hostage and her never seeing the world you insured she was brave and smart and knew all kinds of things that I'm sure most three year olds wouldn't know" "I had to I didn't know if he was going to kill me tomorrow so I had to teach her as much as I could so I knew she would be ok" Erin smiles sadly at us "we pretended to ride the bus to sit in a classroom play on a playground all from what I remember and what I could build. We made a restaurant one time put pipes standing up pretending they were candles used paper plates" "where else did you go" "uh cafes malls all of it and we decided who we wanted to be. One day I was a busy lady the next I had all the time in the world. She was a mummy one day, a kind lady the next we didn't really have many options I didn't know how to explain all the different kinds of people to her so we stuck to mummies, doctors, cops, children, busy people, people who have time" I smile "she usually made her own story we would shuffle through our clothes rack pretending it's full of all kinds of clothes the little window thing in the middle that hid our bed was always the checkout. We used board games money" "I did wonder how she knew money" "we had about four games all missing pieces so we used the money for money and other piece found different uses" I shrug "your a good mum Holly I know you worry about that" I smile in thanks resting my head on shoulder "your a good sister and friend Erin" she gives my arm a squeeze smiling.