Weak But Healing

I was able to go home. What is home I don't know. Erin let us live with her. It was between her or Sylvie but Sylvie lived with people. Erin may have only had a one bedroom place but we will make it work.
I didn't understand the world. I could tell it was annoying everyone. But what can I do I was kept in a basemen for ten years I'm barely accustom to the sunlight.
I was walking down the street Aurora a couple steps in front of me. She loved the warmth of the earth. Cars dashing past around us, with every beep I jump out of my skin. Sure there were cars ten years ago but I hadn't heard one in ten years. Aurora was fascinated by the new world before her wanting touch and try everything. She wanted to explore and I wasn't going to stop her. We didn't know where we were going we were just walking taking in the world.

I sit down on the bench looking over the park. I had spent the past fifteen minutes playing with Aurora. I couldn't keep going. So I let her play on her own. "How did you end up here" I spin around in my seat as fast as I can. I was extremely on edge but I couldn't stay at the apartment not alone. "How did you" "had our tech guy track your phone" he sits beside me "we just walked" he nods spotting the giggling three year old go down the slide. "One got out on bail" I tense "who" "not the main guy Mark his still locked up Luke made bail" I take a deep breath trying to relax me "he won't stop till I'm dead" "we won't let that happen" I turn giving him my full attention "cops took ten years to find me and that's only because I needed my baby safe" I shake my head "I don't get the world like normal people have everything is new. Cars on the street are to noisey. I don't know what is dangerous I don't have that gauge anymore" I sigh "so let us help" "I don't even know what that means Jay" he leans back watching Aurora "I'm weak but at least I'm healing" I begin "I'm afraid of everything always looking over my shoulder waiting for them to snatch me back" I fidget with my hands just listening to how loud the wind is. The leaves rustling, she squeaking of the chains to the swing. It was all so loud. The opposite to the silence I spent ten years in. "What about your parents or family" "never really had one before there was a reason I wasn't a missing person" I shrug "I don't even know how to find them" I add watching Aurora run around before stopping and running over to us "Jay" she squeals excitedly when she sees him. She jumps into his lap "did you miss us" she questions "how could I not your my favourite partner" "aunt Erin will be mad" she shakes her head "oh yeah well I'm not telling are you going to" she shakes her head "are you going to stay with us" she asks shyly "if that's ok with your mum" they both look over at me causing me to nod "I'm hungry" she announces I stand up nodding making her climb off Jays lap looking at me. "Shall we go find somewhere to eat" she nods looking around neither one of us knew which direction to walk. Growing up in Chicago you I would but I had a ten year gap. "Try that way" she points she was patient. She knew I knew as much as her. "Or you could go that way there's a cafe like three blocks" Jay adds pointing in the opposite direction. We pause before turning around allowing him to lead us in the opposite direction.

I carry a very tired Aurora. We ate with Jay before he had to leave. We spent the rest of the day exploring. I don't think she has ever had a day like today. She didn't want to sleep, but she was exhausted. She wanted to experience everything right this second in fear it would all melt away. I walk up to the door using the key Erin gave me to unlock it. "Hey you was wondering when you were going to show up" "hey yeah we got busy" I close the door behind me sitting on the couch beside her. Aurora laying on my chest fighting sleep as best she can. "She asleep" "not yet she's scared of missing things" I rub Auroras back before I start to play with her wild curly crazy hair. "What did you guys do" "we found a park which she played in before Jay found us then he showed us a cafe and at lunch from there we just been walking around exploring" she nods "so that's where Jay went" I look at her confused "he came to tell me Luke made bail" she hums "what" she rolls her eyes "his clearly interested in you" "probably because I have zero interest in him" she raises an eye brow at me "no interest so you have absolutely no desire to know him" "no" do I, am I lying to her. Maybe as a friend but that's all. He makes Aurora happy. "I will let you believe that for a while but he clearly wants to be there considering he made the excuse to tell you about Luke" "glad he did" "Holly I was going to tell you when I got home and had more information but he decided to go missing for four hours" "I'm not going to talk about what you think you know with you" I glance down at a now sleeping Aurora "I will leave you I love you" "love you two E" she smiles walking into her room.