CH 10 : THE BENEFITS OF BEING BLIND

A huge amount of money was laid on the table. Not long after, someone deposited their jade pendant on the pile. He Yan stood out as a youthful lad who had stolen the attention of onlookers, and the place was soon crowded by merry-making people.

"Big."

"Open——"

"Gongzi, please choose."

"Small."

"Open——"

"Again."

"Open——"

"Again."

"Open——"

"Again."

"Open——"

A huge pile of coins and jewelry were stacked in front of He Yan. Those who laughed at her minutes ago simultaneously shut their mouths, as they could now tell that she wasn't a mere rookie at gambling. Had it not been for Le Tong's cast-iron reputation, people would have come to the conclusion that this situation was a scam she and the dealer had cooked up to astound the outsiders.

Outside the casino, the sound of the night watch faded. He Yan stood up and said: "The dawn is near, it's time for me to return."

"Gongzi," a bearded old man smiled slightly, "Just gamble one more time. How about changing the method?"

He Yan raised her eyebrows and looked at him: "What do you mean?"

"We won't gamble based on big or small dice anymore. You seem to be an expert, so guessing the number on the dice should be easy for you, right?" He pushed the piles of jewelry and money on the table to the center, "If you win, all these will belong to you."

He Yan glanced at the money on the table.

She had gained a lot through this little expedition and was well aware that she had attracted the attention of many individuals. When she was in the army, she had heard a rumour that the casinos in the capital were involved in a number of shady deals. She knew it was time for her to put a stop to gambling, but for some reason, the memory of He Yun Sheng eagerly talking about going to school floated to her mind. She looked at the coat she was wearing—it was the only coat in He Yun Sheng's possession, and it was rather worn out.

"Alright." She had made her decision.

There was an instant uproar amongst the onlookers due to the surging enthusiasm

Guessing the number on the dice and guessing whether the results were big or small were two entirely different matters.

Guessing the answers 'big' and 'small' was only a matter of luck. However, precision and accuracy were required to guess the numbers on the dice. Once you made a mistake, you couldn't rectify it, and there were infinitesimal chances of winning this. There was also the fact that the dealer shook the dice rather vigorously.

He Yan also pushed all her money to the center of the table.

If she lost, everything she had done today would be for naught. On the other hand, if she succeeded, the amount she would obtain would be more than enough to cover the He Family's expenses and He Yun Sheng's tuition fees for five years.

Watching the situation unfold like this, everyone added their money: "I'm in too!"

"These are my coins; I bet this brother will win!"

"How could that be? I'm betting the opposite, hahaha!"

A game with heavier bargaining chips would have more spectators. Getting rich in a night or losing everything in a night was more entertaining than watching Jing Cheng's best theatrical troupe performing.