Post Case 1

Post Case 1-Michiru's Party

Saturday December, 5:49 P.M.

"Well, would you look at that, Naru's growing up," Ayako teased after the double daters left.

"He did certainly take that very well," John added, while Naru had retreated to his office. "I'm happy for her."

"John, please don't ever change," Monk said, ruffling the boy's hair.

"Well, I'll try not to," he laughed, running a hand through his now messy hair.

"Hey, Naru," Masako began, seeing this as her opportunity to score a real date with the black clad young man without the competition of his brunette assistant. She peaked her head into his office. "We are all heading to the ice rink and getting some dinner afterwards, would you like to join us?"

"Thank you for the offer, however I have too much work to get done tonight," he declined without a second thought.

"Okay, perhaps next time," she offered, closing the door behind her as she left. Lin came out of his office ready to leave as well. "Lin, are you going to come with us? You are more than welcomed to."

"Thank you for the offer, but I can't," he replied heading for the door to grab his coat.

"Well, where are you off to in such a hurry?" Monk asked, as Lin put on his coat and grabbed his car keys.

"Madoka's plane will be landing shortly, I'm going to pick her up," he replied as he walked out.

"So, are we going to go or what?" Ayako asked once it was determined it would just be the four of them. "We should go now, before it gets too crowded."

"Right," Masako replied with a sigh.

***

7:47 P.M.

"So, when did you cut your hair?" Shouta asked, handing her a glass of punch.

"Michiru cut it on Wednesday, actually, you called her while she was in the middle of cutting it," Mai replied, taking the cup.

"Got tired of it being long?" he asked, leaning against the wall.

"It was time for something new," she responded, giving a half smile. "Well, do you like it?"

"It looks nice," he replied, taking a sip of his own cup. "And you can always grow it back."

"Oh shut up!" she laughed, playfully punching his arm. "You should have seen me when I had a pixie cut, this is long for me."

"Mai! Stop abusing Shouta!" Keiko playfully scolded as she walked up, her arm around Taiki's waist.

Mai just laughed. "Fine, but only because Taiki finally grew a pair and kissed you under the mistletoe," she teased.

"Wasn't it the most adorable thing!" Michiru exclaimed, popping out of absolutely nowhere. "I can't tell you how long it took me to get these dorks together!"

"You had nothing to do with this," Taiki laughed shaking his head.

"Sure I did, why do you think there are seven things of mistletoe hanging around here," she shrugged.

"Speaking of," Shouta said, pointing above his girlfriend's head. "I found another."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" she teased as they gave each other a quick peck.

"Well, my work here is done," Michiru said, feeling oh so accomplished with herself.

"Really? Where is your boy, Michiru?" Keiko pried, taking a sip of punch.