unwanted date

y/n's point of view

oh shit

cedric.

i still have to go on a date with cedric. i cant be such a shitty person i tell him that i found someone else. i just... i cant hurt him like that.. even if it means hurting me.

"freddie." i pull away from our long and passionate kiss. "what does this mean? like our we a thing now orrrr?"

"well i hope these means that you can ditch cedric and you know, date me, the most handsome guy in school, its a real privilege to be with me, you know?" i can tell his jokingly sarcastic laughter and tone that he's trying to bring some humor into the room. i know he hates being serious.

"i do want to date you. but im not just gonna ruin cedrics day by rejecting him. im just gonna go on that date, and make sure its the last one."

"okay fine. but if he dare touch you, i will avada kerderva his as-"

"okay, tom riddle, chill out. he wont touch me. i promise."

"funny." he says, giving me a look.

"well i gotta go." i place a soft, short kiss on his lips and walk up to my dorm room.

i check the time. 4:00PM.

only fifteen minutes until i had to meet fred and george at the atronomy tower.

i quickly change out of my clothes into an outfit i much rather perfered, and as im walking out of the common room i run into ginny and hermione.

(this is her outfit yall<3)

"hey guys."

"heyy y/n." ginny says.

i can tell by the way she put empahsis on the word hey shes going to start talking about none other than cedric diggory.

"i heard cedric was gonna take you out to the quidditch feild tommorrow for your date. have a littpe picnic outside. i know you love picnics." she informs me.

i did love picnics.

but the main reason why i loved them so much was because of fred.

he would take me out on a picnic every birthday of mine and would would listen to muggle songs and dance to them, read my favorite muggle book, you've reached sam, and cry together about how sad the book was.

it was like a fairytale.

a fairytale that i didnt want cedric to be apart of.

"cool." i say, showing zero desire to go on a picnic date with him.

"are you not excited about it?" ginny asks me, confused.

"im excited about it, totally, i just really gotta go."