Uncharted Territory

"Hotch needs us back at the station!" I barked.

That's when she pulled off to a side road where we weren't visible to anyone.

"No, he doesn't. I asked Garcia to call and tell you that." Emily confessed.

"What the hell Emily!"

She unbuckled her seatbelt and faced me.

"Y/n, what happened the other night-"

"Stop. Please, don't make this harder than it needs to be. You still have feelings with Heather and Emily, I think it's best we just cut our losses because I don't want to damage our friendship."

I fought to keep my eyes dry but it was no easy task.

"Y/n...." Her voice shook slightly. "Is that really what you want?"

I could have told her that what I truly wanted was her. To hold her, to love her, to be with her, but sometimes the truth hurts more.

"Is it what you want?" I ask her.

EMILY'S POV:

My heart shattered into a billion pieces.

"Is that really what you want?" I ask.

"Is it what you want?" She asked wide eyed with a sheet of glass glazing her eyes.

Maybe she is right. Maybe I'm not the one for her. Maybe she's better off without me.
Then I remembered what she said. Though it went against every part of me to say, I looked at her, and choked out,

"Yeah, you're right."

She nodded and turned to face the window. It broke me to see her this hurt, and because of me at that.

"Can we please go back to the station?" She whispered under her breath.

"Of course." And I drove off. Feeling more sick than I had before.

At the hotel later that night, back to Y/N's POV:

"Everyone partner up" Hotch directed.
I stood frozen. Usually, Emily and I always did, but it didn't feel like that was a good idea.

"Y/n?" Blake looked at me concerned. "Looks like your stuck with me"

I let out a deep breath and flashed Alex a weak smile.

"Lead the way"

We rode the elevator in silence and made it to our room. I set my bag down and sat on the edge of the bed, and broke out into tears.

"Y/n? Honey, what's wrong?" Alex rushed over and sat next to me.

"I'm so sorry I just- I just stopped seeing someone and I'm just a little hurt." I cried.

"Oh" she sighed and gave me a comforting hug.
"I take it you didn't want it to end?"

I paused and wiped the tears from my eyes,

"I mean, not necessarily, but I think it was for the best." I whispered. "We would never have worked anyway." I faked a weak smile.

"Doesn't mean it doesn't sting"

I nodded and my head hung low.

"She doesn't know what she's missing" Blake placed her hand on my thigh and gave me a warm smile. "You just wait, the right person will come and once they do, they're not gonna want to let you go."

"Do you think so?" I asked

"No." She stated plainly. "I know so."

She got up and grabbed her go bag