To Bend or To Break

I took a deep breath before putting the car in park.

"Morgan?" she snapped as I walked towards the door. "You'll take the time to talk to Morgan but not me?"

I walked past her and into the house as she followed.

"So?" she yelled.

"What? You wanna talk, lets talk" I hollered back. "how about we start with you lying to me about Heather"

"Ok, I didn't break up with Heather, but I was going too. Especially if you reciprocated feelings for me!"

"You cheated on her with me, what's to say you won't do it again!"

"Because nobody else is you!"

This woman sure did have the ability to make me speechless.

"Y/n, please, I messed up, yes, but I want you" she took a step closer towards me. "and you want me too."

My eyes began to dart around the room, looking at anything but her eyes.

"no" I mumbled.

"No?" her voice went up an octave.

"Alright, fine, you answer a couple questions for me then." she said calmly.

I looked at her, unsure as to where she was going with this.

"You left the bar as soon as you saw Heather. Why?"

I didn't say anything.

"Ok, fine you don't want to answer that. Then how about you tell me exactly what it was you were thinking about in that hotel room that got you so worked up? Huh? Who were you thinking about." she was now standing closer.

I swallowed hard. I was thinking about her. Every god damn part of her.

"look at me y/n" she whispered as she grabbed my chin. "what was going through your mind?" her voice even softer than before.

"we both know what I was thinking about Em" I said as I desperately tried not to look her in the eye.

She took her hand and brushed a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"I need to hear you say it" her forehead now resting on mine.

"Em, I was thinking about you....us" I breathed out.

"So don't look me in the eye and tell me that you don't have feelings for me" she said with pleading eyes.

"Damn it Emily, you know I do!" I sighed as I pulled away.

"I don't see what the problem is?" she groans.

"Did you break up with her?" I asked.

"yes" she stressed.

I ran my fingers through my hair. Unsure of what to even say.

"Why can you talk to Morgan but not me!" she yelled.

"Because I'm not madly in love with Morgan!" I blurted out. "Jesus Emily I don't understand how you can be so oblivious at times!"

She looked at me as if I had just delivered groundbreaking news. Well, maybe to her, it was.

"What did you say?"

"um," I hesitated "how you're oblivious"

"Before that" her eyes looked almost glossy as she stared me down.

I closed my eyes and as I opened them tears we're already starting to fall.

"Y/n," her voice was gentle and firm at the same time. "I love you"