It's Complicated

"Emily?" my morning voice was raspy as I glanced around the room. The bed felt cold and empty. I wrapped the sheet around my body as I went to check the bathroom. Nothing. Kitchen. Nothing. I decided to call her. She didn't pickup. I felt foolish and vulnerable. I searched the apartment for a note when I came across a post-it by my coffee cup.

   So sorry I had to run off this morning. I didn't want to wake you though. I needed to stop by my apartment before work and I was supposed to meet with Garcia this morning for some secret Garcia meeting :) Let me know when you're up, xoxo -Em

I smiled as I read it. She had me scared for a second but I suppose that's just my past coming back to haunt me a bit. Glancing at the clock I realized that I had an hour to shower, get dressed and get to work.

Scalding water ran down my body. I knew I didn't have as much time to relax like I usually did so I had to speed up my process.

Bzzzzz Bzzzzzz

I heard my phone vibrate on the vanity counter so I threw a towel around me and shut the water off.

   Emily: Hey, saw I missed a call from you. Everything ok?

   Me: Of course, just wanted to make sure you were alright"

   Emily: Yes, I'm sorry I had to leave so early. I'll make it up to you ;)

   Me: I'm counting on it ;)

I took out my red button up and a black pencil skirt. I left a couple buttons undone...for fun.

   "keys, coffee, bag" I muttered to myself while I stood at the front door. "I'm off"

Twenty minutes later at Quantico:

   "Hey, Y/n!" Garcia called me over. "We've got a new Agent coming today"

I furrowed my eyebrows,

   "Since when?"

She shrugged her shoulders.

   "Hmmm, what times?" I asked.

   "Like right now" she nodded towards Hotch's office.

I had a limited view but I could tell it was a woman.

   "Agent Y/L/N" Hotch called from his door. "May I see you for a moment"

I shot Garcia a look of concern before setting my stuff down at my desk.

I knocked on the door a few times before entering,

   "You wanted to see me Sir?"

He stood from his desk and a brunette turned to face me. Her hair was wavy and she was wearing an emerald green blouse under a black blazer with black slacks.

   "Agent Y/L/N, this is Alex Blake, she'll be joining our team"

I extended my hand towards her,

   "nice to meet you" I smiled.

   "Pleasures all mine" she nodded.

   "I'd like you to show her around please" Hotch asked as he sat back at his desk.

   "Of course" I agreed and motioned for her to follow.

The two of us walked out of the office.

   "You seem awfully young to be in the BAU" she said as we walked towards my desk.

   "I'm really good in the field"

   "I'm sure you are" she smirked.

There was something about her that felt familiar but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. Then Emily caught my attention and I walked towards her.