Chapter 20

Thank you so much for the 1k reads.
I hope you enjoy it very much and stay tuned
- 🐻

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

The sun woke Danbi up the next morning, already high up in the sky shining through her sheer curtains.

Wanting to hide from the sun and sleep a little bit longer, Danbi moved the covers over her head and turned to the other side.

He was still asleep, cuddled up similar to her his face was almost not visible, curly hair being a mess peaking out. The long lashes creating shadows, the few freckles noticeable in the sunlight.

Closing her eyes again, Danbi smiled. An adorable sight. She fell back into a light stage of sleep, not seeing him watching her.

Chan let his eyes wander over the sleeping woman in front of him. A few strands of hair fell out of the loosely braided hair into her face.
Her skin was almost flawless, the only imperfection being a small scar on her temple.
Danbi was pouting in her sleep, lips a little bit chapped.

His eyes never left her face even when the younger female slowly opened her eyes and met his. She blushed, knowing that he probably has watched her sleep for some time. Hiding her face, Danbi cuddled more into the duvets.

"Good morning." His voice was deeper, raspy with the first words spoken for the day. Goosebumps appeared all over her body, luckily hidden.

"Good morning," Hers was more like a whisper. "Did you sleep well?" Danbi asked.

His dimples appeared. "I haven't slept this well in a very long time." His words make Danbi hide completely, her face got and most likely tinted.

„Thank you." His voice was low, his eyes wandering over her face. Noticing the few freckles on the bridge of her nose, the mole right under her right eyebrow and one on her jaw.
The faint blush didn't go unnoticed.

They enjoyed the moment of silence, smiling at each other.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

„Let me help you."

Chan moved to the stove and took the chopsticks out of her hands to beat up the egg faster. Danbi smiled and watched him, more like watching the muscle of his arm contract.

After realising what she was doing, Danbi shyly looked away and turned around to take out some bowls to hide the colour of her cheeks.
But he had noticed it and a low chuckle broke the silence, causing her to blush even more.

With someone else, it would have been uncomfortable or even awkward but with it being Chan, it wasn't.

The pair eat breakfast together, talking about various things. Danbi was talking, eyes bright holding the whole world inside while Chan listened.

"That's my favourite memory," Danbi smiled, eyes filled with longing and sadness. "Them finding time to cook and eat together no matter how busy they were and inviting Minho and the members over."

It got easier to talk about her parents and their legacy. As time went on Danbi learned that telling others about them helped her grief, remembering them rather than hurting in silence.

„That is beautiful." Chan had rested his chin on his hand, listening and watching the emotions written all over her face. Eyes filled with endless love.

„I miss them so much." Suddenly, the pain that came with her loss hit her and tears filled her eyes. „Oh, God."

Danbi leaned her head back and looked up to the ceiling to keep the tears from falling. She bit her lip, trying to get under control.

„It's okay, Bi." Chan reached for her across the table, slightly panicking. It wasn't the first time he was around her when the grief took over. But he still wasn't confident in the way to be there for her.

A sob escaped her and the younger female hid her face with her hands. It broke his heart.

„Sorry."

Chan stood up and moved around the table, sitting down on the stool next to her before wrapping his arms around her.

„There is no need to be, Bi." Chan whispered, rocking them side to side, hands holding her close and his head resting on hers. „You know that."

„But you have your day off and-" Chan interrupted her.

„I told you before it's okay, Bi. Really. And as long as I'm around you and not thinking about work or stressing this day is well spent." Chan whispered.

More sobs make her body shake, Danbi nodded against his shoulder and held onto him a bit more. He let her cry, arms even tighter around her small body.

„I miss them all so much, Channie." Her voice broke again. Danbi's heart longed for her parents, for their comforting words, their presence, smell and warmth.

And by missing them, her first loss became more present. Losing Jonghyun, broke her for the first time.

Ever since they had met back when Shinee was formed and Danbi had visited the company for the first time, their bond had been one of a kind.

„I know." Chan whispered.
He held her tighter. „I'm here. You are not alone, Bi."