Chapter 22

"I understand," Her voice shook, no chance to hide it. "It won't happen again, I promise."

In front of her laid low-quality pictures. Each showed the same couple talking while walking along Han River and later at night on a scooter.
The faces were hidden with masks and hoods of their sweater being pulled over their heads.

But to everyone in the room was without a doubt clear who could be seen. They knew the male long enough to make his stature out in the black clothes easily, the reflection of his bracelets that he never took off gave it completely away.

Her on the other side could easily be mistaken for any girl at first glance but everyone in this room knew it was Danbi.

"Please sign this." Another paper was slipped across the table towards the manager of her brother and lawyer.
Everyone waited for them to read it and hand her the paper. It was dead silent.

"It's a NDA." Danbi wasn't surprised, it wasn't t first one she needed to sign and not the first regarding the group sitting with their managers across the table. She just signed it and handed it back to the man.

„Thank you." he put it to the side.

"You can still meet and spent time together. I am confident you know that, given who your brother is." He explained and kept his eyes on the young female. Danbi nodded. "Just not in public."

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"Bi." She didn't stop when her nickname was called by more than one person behind her after exiting the room. All she wanted was to leave the entertainment company as fast as possible.

"Danbi, stop." A hand wrapped around her wrist and turned her towards its owner.
Chan stood in front of her, nervous and unsure.

"Why are you not talking to us?" He glanced over his shoulder to the seven behind him, all looking confused and almost sad.

"I-" Danbi looked away. She felt sick, her head spun and it was hard to breathe after the meeting ended. "I need time. I can't-"
Her voice broke.

"Danbi?" Jisung came closer, he noticed the little signs of what was happening to her. He had experienced it himself many times. 

"Please, I will text you later." Danbi removed his hand from her wrist and squeezed his hand for a moment before dropping it and turning around.

"We can still hang out. Not in public but-"
Chan's words hid the wrong nerve. It overwhelmed her.
She turned back around. Tears in her eyes, close to stream down her face.

"Are you serious?" Her voice was shaking. "Your company just paid Dispatch to have the pictures disappear and protect you from a scandal."

"Nobody forbids us to meet at our dorm or the company." Minho walked up to Chan's side and looked at the younger woman in front of her.

"I won't risk your reputation and image." She came straight to the point. "We all know that people talk and they will talk even if no one takes the blame. Your Name, Chan." Tears slipped down her face. "Your name will be on the damn list at the end of the year even if Dispatch can't reveal anything."

Chan opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. Each of the eight Idols couldn't argue against this because she was right.

"And someone in your beloved staff team will talk to get an insane amount of money, so this rumour spreads and it will be talked about." Her voice shook and got louder. Hurt and helpless.

"I know how this industry works perfectly." She sob escaped her. "And I won't let a stupid rumour hurt people that I love and hinder their success right before their peak. So, please don't ask me to stay around if I am part of the problem."

"Danbi, you're not-" Felix tried and wanted to comfort her but he knew she had a point. He walked around the leader towards her. Danbi took a step back, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm so sorry." Danbi could almost see how their hearts broke. They couldn't deny anything had thrown their way.

"Maybe," Felix looked over to the oldest. Tears in his eyes, lips pressed into a thin line. "Maybe, when the rumours went down and it isn't as present anymore, we can find a way with everything." He sounded hopeful.

She smiled through the tears. "Maybe."

One last look at the right young artist and Danbi left the hallway, following the manager down to the underground garage before they drove her to her brother's home.

"You didn't have to go this far."

Danbi didn't turn her head and watched the cars passing, counting the different colours in her head.

"I know but we both know well enough how big this can get even if it's just a rumour." Sadness filled her voice. "And they are getting more and more attention, here and internationally. I don't want to be the reason why it's taken from them."

And he knew the younger Choi sibling was more than right.