• CHAPTER 16 •

Luna's Need•

• Luna's Struggle •

5432 words.

The whole way back to Gon's house was a legendary journey in a sense. He had never thought how far and high his home was until now. Everyone was at least injured somewhere, so walking back was not an easy mission. In addition, the healthiest ones had to become crutches for the ones that are mostly injured.

On the contrary, Killua's whimpers and little shivers chopped Gon's heart to pieces. He couldn't wait to get home to make him safe and warm, but that made the distance farther away.

Killua slept on their way home with his arms strangling his neck and his head dug in the crook of it, but it was way restless. His whimpers, shivers, sudden twitching, and rapid gasps all alerted Gon. He needs medical care, or Gon just wanted to make sure his mate will survive the trauma.

As a result, Alpin parted ways with them when they arrived at the small hill that leads to Gon's house. He had two missions to do before he got his rest, which were to bring the pack's healer and Killua's dad.

Finally, he rested his mate on the mattress, sensing the presence of his parents behind his back. "I thought he wouldn't make it." His dad said. "I hope you didn't make every Alpha your foe, Gon, just to rescue him."

"He's my mate." Gon turned to his dad, "I'd never be able to live without my mate." His mom brought another lantern to the room, so things would be much clearer.

"So, you did?" Ging looked down at Killua, who was drenched in sweat and wet from drowning. His accusing dark stare piqued Gon's protectiveness.

"It went alright. Our allies are here if you want to say hi. They are resting before going back to their territories."

"At least our allies didn't give up on us." Ging scoffed and shrugged, "You have to tame your mate sooner than later because if he keeps bringing trouble to our pack, I'll make it my mission to perform the noyade process this time. And believe me, he won't get out of the water alive this time."

Gon growled at his dad and then looked away, submitting to the sudden pheromones that almost strangled his core. "I'll make sure he won't make the same mistake again."

"That's not what I told you to do, is it?" Ging walked out of the room, a sour look on his face. "You better tame him, or I will do it!" His voice emitted from the other room directly after.

Gon let out a sigh and looked down at Killua. "Gon," his mom came closer, and a soothing hand squeezed his shoulder. "You have a duty towards your pack members. You shouldn't play favorites just because he's your mate."

"I know that!" Gon growled and looked at his mom with a seething frown, "Luna walked into the whole thing because he wanted to. All the way he was feeling guilty! I've felt every sting of it, Mom." Gon sat on the bed next to Killua's figure. He pressed his hands to his face and let out a deep breath. "He must be so traumatized by what happened and you expect me to make it harder for him by taming him? Never." 

"Gon."

Gon stood up and frowned at his mom, "Give him some time. Things will change, I can feel it." Gon looked down at him, "And we better not do a thing that would madden his dad. You saw it yourself, how he threatened us with his pheromones if we dared lay a finger on Killua when we first visited."

"Yes, but!"

"He's a Zoldyck." Gon looked at his mom knowingly to shut her up. "Even if the pack disbanded, he's the son of that Alpha."