• CHAPTER 23 •

• Reset the Game•

• Luna's Struggle •

4735 words.

Killua looked at Gon's solidified form. He couldn't understand what Gon just said. Awakening? Part of him that he didn't know existed? What does that even mean?

Killua continued staring at his mate, but Gon was looking and not looking at him. He was somewhere else, eyes fogged in thought. Is he piecing everything together? 

The grass swished around them from a sudden chilly breeze. Killua shivered and tugged Gon's shirt, "Gon?" He's impatient. He needs an explanation!

"We have to go back to your home." Gon suddenly said and finally looked, looked, at Killua. 

"But why?" Killua isn't ready to part ways with Gon yet! He started to think that he would never be ready for that!

Gon put his hands on either side of Killua's face, squishing his cheeks. Some of him still looked drowning in thoughts, "For a lot of reasons."

Killua frowned but didn't object. Gon helped him to his feet and they walked back to the training ground hand in hand. "You're coming with me, right?"

"Yes." Killua relaxed. He squeezed Gon's hand and nuzzled his head into his arm while wandering back to the pack.

Deep down, Gon's serious daydreaming face alerts him, but he hopes that whatever he's going through won't be bad.

When they arrived, some of the wolves were already there. They shouted for Gon about who won and who didn't. Gon praised them and asked how much they enjoyed it.

Soon, the field was refilled with everyone, talking about their experiences. The one who stumbled, the other who kissed someone by fault, or the one who dared climb a tree.

Everyone laughed and talked and some approached Gon to ask about his experience. "Hunting my Luna felt weird! The only real reason why I'd hunt my Luna is if he dared to run away from me." Killua looked at Gon's silly face and everyone in their circle laughed.

"Yes, he literally ran away from you now, Alpha." One of them said, chuckling.

"Yes, and I caught him." One moment, Gon was so serious when he talked about Killua's 'awakening.' The other, he was being silly with his pack members. No, is he trying not to make anyone suspicious?

Killua forced a smile when some others talked to him. "Honestly? I forgot I was being chased." Killua said, "Running around was so refreshing and nature here brings many emotions to my heart. I enjoyed running and I stood to enjoy an open field when someone suddenly crashed into me."

They laughed, "Someone is saying Alpha wouldn't catch him if he didn't stop!"

"Well, yeah?" Killua said and they grinned at Gon's smiling face. Killua looked at him and looked away, blushing.

Why is he looking at me like that? Killua thought. Is he being all lovey-dovey because they have an audience? But, no, Gon's too honest about his feelings.

After a few more exciting chats, Gon dismissed everyone and wandered back home with Killua. "We will pack and go to your house instantly."

Killua nodded. "Let us grab a sandwich on the way. I'm a little hungry after the workout."

Gon nodded and pulled him in a sideways hug while walking. "At least tell me, is what I'm going through dangerous?"

Gon hummed and let out a sigh, "I don't know, Killua. You're going through a lot. You're a little different from us, which makes it hard to understand you." Gon remained silent for a second, so the grass crunching rose from the background, "If it is anything normal, your werewolf side would be awakened after so long."