𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐞
𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐊𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 | 𝐃𝐫𝐞 | 𝐊𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤

I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. Chump and em just left and I was tired moving all this shit in here. I needed a nap.

I had a basketball meeting to go to later so I was gonna fade that when I woke up from my nap.

I missed Lulu already. I wish I could've brought her with me but I knew we would be back together in no time. This little school shit just cause I had a full ride off basketball.

If I didn't have basketball, I'd probably not even go to school. I'd be scamming and jamming back home, nothing too much.

I heard knocks on my door that interrupted me from my thoughts. I smacked my lips and got out of bed. I opened the door and looked at the nigga who was standing there.

He was around my height but I was taller than him a little bit. "Im your roommate." He said before blinking at me. I could tell he was fried.

I nodded at him. "What's your name?"

"Rico, you?"

"Klick." I replied lowly before furrowing my eyebrows. This nigga weird for giving me a street name like I can't just look at email and see the nigga name. Weird ass niggas man.

I busted out laughing. "My name Langston frfr but I don't go by that shit."

"Like the poet?" I asked before laughing a little more. Who the fuck name they son after a civil rights activist? A strong black woman. I respect it. Black power.

Niggas running the world anyway.

He smacked his lips. "Sum like that."

"My name Kiordre. Like the ghetto." I said walking into my room sitting on my bed.

"You on the team?" He asked, I nodded before picking up my phone. I wanted a nap.

"Yeah." I replied. "What you do?"

"I'm on the team too." He said. "I'm just sitting out for this little incident I had and shit."

I cut my eyes at him. I wanted to know the incident but I ain't the type to get all in a nigga business and shit.

"How long you gotta sit out for?" I questioned.

"I can practice right now with yall but I gotta sit out a game for the first three." I winced.

Missing the first game is like not being on the team at all I feel. If you don't play in the first game, you basically making it harder for your teammates to play with you when it is time.

Playing in practice and a real game is different. Way different and keeping that mindset is what got me where I'm at. In the game it's pressure and you gotta be connected with your teammates and know their moves and trust you can rely on them when playing in a real game.

You can't test that out in practice. You just can't.

"Damn, that's fucked up. Whatever you did can't be that bad that you missing the first game."