an encounter in the courtyard

—————————

the sky was bright, and it was a perfect day to sit outside and enjoy a nice meal. a purple haired boy with blue streaks sat down on a bench next to the kamiyama high school flower beds.

popping a soda candy into his mouth, rui looked at the newly blossomed flowers as he waited for his lunch to end. there wasnt much to observe, so his attention switched between the clouds and flowers. well, that was until he heard a screech from across the courtyard. directing his attention to where the sound came from, he saw a boy with blond hair, and it seemed he had fallen off his feet and onto the ground.

intrigued by what he saw, rui got up and walked over to the other boy out of curiosity. getting closer, rui realized it was none other than tsukasa tenma, the class representative of class 2-A. looking petrified, tsukasa stared at the ground. rui's gaze then moved to where tsukasa's was, and saw a centipede crawling around.

"you're scared of a small centipede?"

rui walked over to the centipede, crouched down, and let it crawl onto his finger. he then walked over to the flower bed and let the centipede back onto the soil, watching it move into the distance. looking behind him, rui saw tsukasa dusting himself off.

"ahem, sorry about that. i just have quite a big fear of bugs. but hey, arent you the school weirdo..?"

rui was quite annoyed that someone such as tsukasa was recognizing rui with that nickname. crossing his arms, rui tried his best to smile and not look irritated with tsukasa.

"im rui kamishiro from class 2-B. it's a pleasure to meet you."

"well, im tsu-"

"tsukasa tenma, from class 2-A. am i correct?"

rui smiled at tsukasa as he had been surprised for just a moment before tsukasa laughed.

"indeed! i am tsukasa tenma, the world's future star!" tsukasa smiled confidently as rui looked at him in curiosity. "anyways, what are you doing out here?"

rui shrugged. "enjoying my lunch. why dont you join me and we can talk a while longer?" tsukasa nodded and rui began to make his way back to the bench where his soda candies were still laying, untouched.

sitting down on the bench, rui began to eat his candy again. tsukasa sat down next to rui, and just gazed at the clouds. "so, you're in the class next to me, right? i wonder why i've never seen you."

rui shrugged. "i usually stay on the rooftop or just in my classroom during free periods. i just decided to come down here for a change. oh, and other than that, i just do small performances with robots..hence why i got the nickname 'school weirdo.' " tsukasa looked at rui, only to find out rui was looking at him. "and what about you tenma," rui finished the last soda candy, and threw the wrapper into the trash next to him. "what do you do?"'

tsukasa smiled confidently. "i do shows! i perform at phoenix wonderland's wonder stage with 2 two other friends!" rui's eyes widened once tsukasa mentioned wonder stage. the trees swayed gently around them as tsukasa wondered why rui was staring at him like that.

"oh, well i have a friend named nene that performs at phoenix wonderland as well." before tsukasa could reply, the bell rang. "oh. well, goodbye tenma, until next time!" rui then got up, and left quickly.

tsukasa stood up as well, and closed his eyes and sighed for a moment before heading to class.

"what strange guy, that kamishiro..."