a bedroom fight

—————————

kamiyama highschool was having a staff training day, so all attending students had a nice tuesday off. tsukasa, tired from yesterday, rubbed his eye lazily as he sat up from his comfortable bed. 10:13. the air had the scent of freshly baked bacon, and he could hear light sizzling coming from downstairs too.

something had bothered tsukasa yesterday, though. the way rui didnt show up to walk with tsukasa was strange, and it was even more concerning when he came to practice face pale as snow. so, just to check on him, he decided he'd be visiting rui's house later that day.

stepping downstairs, he was greeted by a hug by his mom, and a simple wave from his dad. saki appeared to not be awake yet, so it was just them. "morning mom, dad! did you cook bacon?"

tsukasa's mom nodded, and went over to the kitchen to grab a plate for him. sitting down at the table next to his dads, tsukasa leaned on his dads shoulder, and his dad rested his head atop of tsukasa's. "here you go sweetie! do you have anything planned for your day off?"

tsukasa nodded, and took his head of his dad's shoulder. "im gonna go to my friends house just to check on him, what about saki? is she going to see ichika and the others?" tsukasa took a bite out of his bacon. it was slightly burnt, but still had a great crispy flavor. the bacon was also accompanied by a ham and veggie omelette, which upon being cut open, cheese flowed out.

tsukasa's mom shrugged. "i dont know yet honestly, but we'll know soon!" tsukasa's mom pecked him on the forehead before going back to the kitchen and cleaning his dad's plate. tsukasa ate his breakfast happily, watching the cartoons that were playing quietly on the tv in the background to make sure saki didnt wake up.

finishing the meal, rui sat his plate on the island in his kitchen, before thanking his mom for his meal and going uo to change in his room.

tsukasa finished getting ready, wearing a red flannel atop a black shirt with baggy jeans. heading back down stairs, saki was awake, and eating her breakfast, sitting infront of the tv watching a cartoon. "okay, im gonna go now guys! bye, and good morning saki!" tsukasa's family waved goodbye, saki waving with slightly more energy.

———-

in front if rui's house, tsukasa hesitated to knock on the door. after a minute of standing there, he finally knocked. it took almost no time for a lady with light purple hair with blue tips to open the door, with a big smile. "oh, hello! you must be tsukasa, right? rui talks about you all the time!" tsukasa turned red out of slight embarrassment, rubbing the back of his head, but nodding overall. "so is there something you need sweetheart?"

"i just wanted to talk to rui, but its okay if he's not awake i'll just wait outside."  tsukasa crossed his arms, leaning back and forth by using his heels.

"oh! of course hes awake, hes just a little tired. come inside!" rui's mom moved out of the doorway, letting tsukasa enter. tsukasa sat on their corner beanbag chair, waiting for her to bring rui down. "oh, you can just come up to his room, come with me." tsukasa stood up, and followed his friends mom upstairs, all the way to the door farthest down the dimly lit hallway. rui's mom stopped at the door, and patted tsukasa's shoulder before heading back down to cook, presumably.

tsukasa took a deep breath before knocking lightly on rui's door. it took a minute for an answer, and upon opening the door rui had his longer hair strands tied into a small pony tail, a small hair clip keeping it together. he was also wearing the pajamas tsukasa had gave to him, and most noticeably had a gauze over his left arm.

rui turned a light shade of pink out of embarrassment, completely shocked to see tsukasa outside his room. "oh..tsukasa! um, come in.." rui was stumbling over his words almost, but tsukasa didnt mind, rui stepped to this side so tsukasa could come in. rui's room looked no different than an ordinary bedroom, just some scattered papers, a fluffy carpet, and a desk to study at. rui's workshop downstairs is where it gets out of the ordinary.

"so what brings you here, tsu tsu? do you need something?"

tsukasa gazed over to rui, who's was already staring at him. "rui, you were acting really strange yesterday and im kind of worried." tsukasa looked genuinely worried, slightly frowning. rui looked at tsukasa akwardly not sure what to say.

"im fine tsukasa, dont worry about it." tsukasa looked at ruis left hand, still covered in the bandaid, and walked over to rui. tsukasa lifted up his arm gently, rui flinching.

"this isnt fine rui. i could tell yesterday you were avoiding something! just tell me, please! i want to help you." tsukasa looked directly into rui's eyes, showing concern. rui seemed to open his mouth, but just couldn't get anything out.

"im sorry but i just cant feel comfortable with telling you..-" tsukasa grabbed rui's risk tightly, and rui winced from the quick sharp pain.

"rui, you can tell me anything! im not gonna tell anyone else!!" rui's lips wavered before he just closed his mouth, and directed his eyes towards the floor. "..rui? are you okay?" tsukasa let go of rui's wrist, and it simply fell to the taller boy's side.

"im sorry tsukasa, but im not going to talk about this with you. just get out of my room." tsukasa's mouth pursed as rui looked back up to tsukasa sternly.

"im sorry rui i didnt mean to upset you!" tsukasa frowned before rui crossed his arms. tsukasa looked back to rui one more time before exiting his room. going back down stairs, rui's mom waved at tsukasa before he left.

———-

rui looked out his window, gazing down at tsukasa outside his home. tsukasa stood quietly outside the front door, and wasnt moving. over a minute later, he seemed to rub his eye before walking away, a wet stain left on the part he wiped his eye with.

hearing a knock on his door, rui opened his door gently to see his mom. "hey dear..what happened to your friend?" rui clenched his fist, and sighed.

"i feel like i was too rude to tsukasa." rui's mom frowned and caressed rui's cheek lightly. "i need to apologize to him but i already feel so bad for what just happened.."

"it's okay rui, you can make it up tomorrow, or if you go to practice today! and if you're feeling troubled in any sort of way, just ask me! i love to help you and you know that kiddo." rui's mom then moved a hair away from her sons eye before ruffling the top of his head.

rui nodded slightly before smiling at his mom. "thank you mom, love you.." rui's mom blew a kiss to rui and winked before going bsck downstairs, rui closing the door slowly, and plopping on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

" rui's mom blew a kiss to rui and winked before going bsck downstairs, rui closing the door slowly, and plopping on his bed, staring at the ceiling

EZRA JUMPSCARE (why does he kinda look like me help😭)

also whats your guys fave chapter so far im curious lolzies

anyways im sorry if the quality of chapters is goinf down bc im writing these when im like 2% awake. anywys thx and bye 😵