brainstorming session

—————————

hopping off the stage, a girl with vibrant pink hair ran at rui, jumping up and down in excitement. rui held his hand out for a pleasant hand shake, and got greeted with the girl using both of her hands to grasp rui's one hand, and shook it violently.

"hi! you must be our new bandmate! im emu!! this is so wonderhoy!!" emu smiled widely, before letting go of rui's hand, moving her arms in a circular motion, and doing a small jump. nene followed behind emu, waving at rui, happy to see him.

nene noticed tsukasa, and looked down awkwardly, biting her bottom lip nervously. "um..sorry for hitting you so hard tsukasa, i didnt mean to. i hope you feel better." emu frowned, patted nenes head in attempt to cheer the girl up.

tsukasa shook his head, laughing it off. "dont worry! a star never holds a grudge!!" tsukasa smirked confidently, and flipped his hair. rui watched the chaos happen from the side, before tsukasa pulled the taller boy into the group chat, smiling.

"okay! now that this is all out of the way, we should think of new ideas for shows now that we have rui as our new stage director!!"

emu hummed cheerfully, and pulled a notepad out of her pink cardigan pocket. "here! i have some ideas written down!" setting it down on the bench next to the group, everyone except emu, who smiled with pure excitement, leaned over to read what the list said.

tsukasa furrowed his eyebrows, and stared at emu. "really? 'the hated child becomes the hybrid princess..?' what kind of idea is that!?" emu frowned, and crossed her arms.

rui looked closer at the notepad, finding an idea he liked. rui picked up the book, and brought it over to emu. "hey, emu? can you elaborate more on this midnight waltz idea?" emu's eyes practically shimmered with joy, her frown turning into a smile immediately.

"there is this curse that was put on a boy, and it was to play music for all eternity! he was fine with that, but he was quite lonely in his palace with no one to talk to and play his songs for...then, someone finds the boy, and the boy ends up playing for the other person! the boy comes up with a waltz, and they end up preforming under the moonlight..tada!"

rui lowered his head, deep in thought. he thought about how many mechanisms he could add to make the show great. he raised his head a moment later, turning to nene and tsukasa, who listened to emu explain the idea.

"so? what do you guys think?" rui's lips were in pursed together, and he stared at his two other bandmates, waiting for their response. tsukasa nodded, smiling confidently.

"i can play piano, so ill be that boy! ill even compose a song for this!" tsukasa tried humming a tune, and seemed focused on the task at hand. nene on the other hand, nodded quietly, before going over to emu and sitting next to her.

rui also began thinking. what kind of ambiance would he have to go for, and what types of machines would he have to make to bring this idea to life? rui sat down on a bench a bit farther from the group to focus on his brainstorming. pulling out a sketching pad and pencil, he began sketching some ideas down.

he ended up scribbling a few things down, and also scratching some things out. before he realized, it was almost evening. it felt like rui's body was basically on autopilot the whole time, and he just snapped out of it. someone tapped rui on the shoulder, and it appeared to be tsukasa.

"seems like youve been finding some great ideas?" tsukasa bent over ruis shoulder, and pointed at a robot at the top left of the page. "this one looks pretty cool!" tsukasa stood back up, clearing his throat. "well, its time for us to go home before it gets too dark. want me to tag along?" rui nodded, smiling politely.

rui got up, tucking the mechanical pencil behind his ear and stuffing his sketch pad into his bag, before throwing the bag over his shoulder. tsukasa grabbed his stuff, and the two began their walk and said goodbye to emu and nene.

the walk to ruis house was quiet for the most part, and was only interrupted by tsukasa's humming, and the airplanes flying across the sky.

the two arrived at ruis house, and tsukasa waved goodnight and rui smiled at him before closing the door. tsukasa smiled at ruis door before turning around and making his way home.

"hey rui! howd it go?" getting up, she gave rui a tight hug. she smiled happily, and went back to the couch, and signaled for rui to join her. he sat close next to his mom, and handed a warm mug cake to him

"it went really well actually, we already found out an idea for our first show. it's about a boy that got cursed to play music forever." rui scooped some of the mug cake out of the cup, and was surprised at how good it tasted.

rui's mom smiled, and patted ruis back. "well go ahead kiddo, get some rest and ill see you in the morning, all right?" rui got up, and smiled. "love you! goodnight."

rui walked upstairs to his room, setting the mug cake next to his nightstand before plopping into bed, closing his eyes. rui had a ton of ideas planned for the show, and he just couldn't wait to peruse all of them.

—————————

a/n

the day i stop accidentally writing "tsukass" is the day i die 🫶

ALSO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT IM SO TIRED RN ☹️

edited a/n: hi. i was legit half sleeping making this and just proof read snd saw a shit ton of errors. i changed a lot PELADE FORGIVE ME....... 😿