devotion

—————————

. . 7 days until showtime ☆ .

rubbing his eyes, tsukasa looked around. his house was still shrouded in darkness. he was confused, as he didn't remember making his way into the house or even waking up after getting into emu's car. grabbing his phone, he stared at the clock. it was the early hours of the morning, barely into 5am.

deciding he didnt want to get attached to his phone so early in the day, tsukasa sat up and peered into the living room. though it was dark, he could still see the faint shape of a few objects.

tsukasa thought it'd be nice to make the siblings a breakfast that they could eat together, and decided thats what he would do. heading downstairs carefully, the blond turned on a small lamp near the kitchen in hopes that he wouldn't disturb saki.

the frog robot that rui had made tsukasa was a great help for cooking half awake, making everything came out nicely. when he was done cooking everything, it was 6, otherwise known as when saki wakes up.

coming downstairs to the smell of fresh food, saki smiled. "tsukasa, this smells so good! how long have you been up making this?"

tsukasa shrugged, and handed over a plate with smiley face pancakes to saki. "dont worry about it saki. lets just enjoy a meal for us, okay?" smiling, saki tiredly made her way to the table with tsukasa following a few steps behind.

the two siblings ate quietly, saki sometimes zoning out from drowsiness. tsukasa watched his younger sibling eat the food happily, and couldnt help but smile at it. "big bro, make sure to eat your food before it goes cold! you spent so much time making it, so i dont want you to waste all that effort."

tsukasa disagreed with his younger sister passively while she looked at him with a worried expression. "it's alright, saki! i made these just for you. i wanted to see you smile today, and thats my treat." the boy had an smile growing on his face, and saki couldnt help but grin as well.

after both of them finished the meal, saki volunteered to do the dishes. this gave tsukasa the extra time to get ready, and got out of the house 15 minutes earlier than usual. tsukasa hummed as he walked to school, looking at newly blossomed flowers as spring began to ring in.

even though it was tsukasa's usual walk to school, it felt strange, as if someone was following him. he turned around suspiciously, and sure enough he saw a tall figure poking out of the corner of a electrical pole.

approching then cautiously, tsukasa let out a small shriek when rui jumped out of his horrible hiding spot. "rui?! what are you doing over here!" the sun reflected on the purple haired boy's face, which had his usual cat smile. scratching his head awkwardly, rui laughed.

"i just..decided to take a different way to school, and ran into you! no other reason." tsukasa started at him, unconvinced.

"i'm..not going to question you anymore, rui. you're a complex being, not to be..tampered with." rui gasped in a sarcastic disbelief, before giggling.

"woww, not even a human? just a being? i cannot believe you!~" rui teased tsukasa on their ways to school, and rui would feel the rush of excitement each time he held the blond.

it wasn't like holding tsukasa was an unusual occurrence, as they've always held eachother. but, during past week, the mere touch between them felt euphoric.

on the other hand, tsukasa found himself not able to stare at rui without his heart rate increasing rapidly. something about staring into the taller boy's eyes made him ansty, and this feeling had began to slowly increase the since their aquarium visit. tsukasa couldnt find a way for the feeling to go away, yet he just wanted to be closer to rui.