an apology of two

—————————

tsukasa bit his lip anxiously, thinking about how rui felt about him now. he knew he should've stayed out of his personal space, but he was genuinely concerned. as he thought about this, he didn't hear the person coming towards him, and hugging him from behind. looking up to stare at the person, he saw emu's bright smile staring at him from above.

"hi tsukasa! how's everything going for you?" emu let go of tsukasa, and sat next to him closely. tsukasa's smiled at emu, and turned towards her.

"it's alright, i guess. i just need to talk something out with rui.." tsukasa laughed awkwardly, before slouching, not the least bit confident that his apology would work all that well. "i feel really bad for what i did so yknow.."

emu frowned, and laid her head on her friends shoulder. "it's okay tsukasa! i may havent known rui for that long, but i know for a fact he'll except your apology!" emu's frown turned upside down, and she tried to cheer tsukasa up by smiling. thankfully it worked, and he smiled back with complete honesty at the short girl. "i believe in you tsukasa!!"

hearing another pair of footsteps, the two friends looked behind to see nene approaching them. emu shot up, and rushed over to nene, hugging her, almost knocking the other girl over. "nene!! i missed you!" nene smiled sweetly at emu, and went over to tsukasa with emu to say hi to her friend.

the three talked for a good 5 minutes, until one last pair of footsteps were heard approaching the quite quiet part of the park. tsukasa looked back to see rui, who had a small tote which seemed to be stuffed with many items. rui glanced at tsukasa for just a moment before staring at something else. tsukasa sighed, standing up. he then walked over to rui, and started at him apologetically. "can we talk rui?"

rui looked back up at tsukasa, and nodded. tsukasa then walked outside of the wonderstage area, and signaled for rui to follow. the two stood a few feet away from the tall grass hedge separating them from the others.

"rui, im sorry. i shouldnt have invaded your privacy and i feel so stupid for not taking the hint..and um, im also sorry for getting in your personal space. so..i just hope you forgive because i really do like hanging out with you and umm...really do enjoy every moment we spend together..and yeah." tsukasa looked awkwardly at the taller boy. everything he said was straight from the heart, and said without thinking fully.

rui's face looked light red, and he cracked a small, genuine smile as he walked over to the shorter boy and hugged him tightly. "i forgive you. i overreacted and I should be the one apologizing honestly..i just didn't want to word the apology wrongly and ruin our entire friendship." rui talked in a gentle and quiet tone, completely contrasting his strong, tight hug.

tsukasa smiled, and rui let go of the boy. "lets go back, rui. i think ive decided on the roles for our new show..also thank you for listening." tsukasa grabbed rui's hand without thinking, and walked back to emu and nene, with the two friend's friendship supposedly patched up.

nene looked at the two boys, and immediately noticed their intertwined fingers. she smiled smugly, and giggled. "..rui? tsukasa? you seem a bit close all of a sudden with the hand holding.." tsukasa looked down, and loosened his grip on ruis hand, flushed in pure embarrassment.

rui smiled mischievously with his signature cat face, and giggled. "im suprised you didnt notice tsu tsu. are we that close that you do in subconsciously now?" tsukasa closed his eyes, turning even redder. "you're so flustered that it's cute tsu tsu.."

"..c-cmon guys! lets work!" tsukasa's stomach felt like it was swishing around from rui's last sentence, and tried ignoring it. tsukasa and rui walked over to emu and nene, rui sitting next to nene, and tsukasa cleared his throat, still standing. "so uh..about the show! for the cast, ive decided i want to cast rui as the person who finds me playing the music. this is so he can manage the piano playing bot while we do the waltz."