Chapter 2

It's been 3 months of typing letters, depositions, drafting agreements, sitting in meetings, and having to do research for other lawyers in the firm. Cassie was happy to have a buddy go through this process with her as both she and Caroline were hired as Junior Associates for the firm. One thing that made Cassie a little insecure was the fact that Caroline was 22 years old while Cassie was 28. Most people start their careers early but Cassie was spending her prime trying to make it in Hollywood and now being almost 30 in and starting as a junior associate made her a little depressed.

"Miss. Rowan." Anita, Charles's assistant calls as she approached Cassie and Caroline's desk area. An area they shared with 5 other junior associates that were hired at different times.

"Come with me." She says as she begins walking fast on her heels, but it was no problem at all for Cassie to keep up. She knew to be confident and taken seriously, little things like being unsure of yourself could hold you back. "You seemed to have made quite an impression on Charles and he wants to take you on a case with him." She says as Cassie tries to stay cool and calm, following behind her.

"But I've only been here 3 months" Cassie exclaims, a little surprised and slightly terrified.

"Cassie, at J&C, it doesn't matter if you've been here 3 months or 2 days. If they think you've got it, you've got." She says as she stops and looks at Cassie up and down, taking her appearance in. Cassie began to feel a little small and unsure of herself for a second there, but immediately composes herself as Charles one of the senior associates and partners of the firm, walks out of the room.

"Ms. Rowan, there you are." He says with no expression on his face. Cassie couldn't tell what he was thinking. "Come with me." He says as he hands a file over to Anita who follows behind them.

"We're going to meet a client and you are going to carry this meeting. Gather as much information as you can, ask anything you need to, Anita will get the tape recorder for you." He says as they stand in front of the door of the meeting room.

"Okay, and what will you do?" She asks hoping he says he'll step in on and off. "Nothing. This is your client." Charles her boss says. Cassie had no idea what to say to that, if she for once showed them she was nervous, they just might ask her to go back to her seat and get Caroline or someone else to do it. This will immediately have her established as incompetent. She was not going to let that happen.

"Okay, I got this." She says as she lets out a breath. "Good, off you go". Charles says as he opens the door and they are met with the client.

Cassie had found that this was a case of wrongful termination from a large corporation and the client had intended to sue the company. As it was a large corporation they were dealing with, they instead planned to make a settlement agreement with the corporation, instead of having to go to court. In 3 days, Cassie was going to have to lead the meeting with the other team and she was nervous but confident that she had what it took to get her client what they wanted. One of Cassie's strongest suits has always been her eye for detail and it helped with her research, while the other was her ability to convince.

3 days later, Cassie, her boss Charles, and their client Miss Amber show up at Stanely's and Associates, one of the biggest Entertainment and Corporate law firms in Los Angeles. Cassie did consider applying here before but when she realized their main focus was the entertainment industry, also known as "Hollywood", she was instantly turned off.

"How are you feeling Miss Amber?" Asked Cassie as she, her boss, and their client Miss Amber are seated in a large meeting room, awaiting the other team. "A little nervous to see my ex-boss, but I really need this and I'm ready to get some kind of compensation." She says, trying her best to relax and stay strong. "Yes, absolutely, don't worry, I'm confident we got this in the bag.". Advised Cassie. Her boss Charles just sat there in silence as he heard their exchange, smiling to himself proudly. Cassie had always stood out to him compared to the other junior associates.