Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Alberto x Luca

Alberto's POV

"I can do this.." I said to myself as I walked towards my best friend, Luca's locker. Aka, my biggest crush ever.

I am totally head over heels for him and today is Valentine's Day. Thanks to Giulia she gave me the courage to give Luca a Valentine. Fingers crossed I don't get rejected and make things super awkward and weird.

'Oh gosh, that would suck..' I thought as I stopped right in front of his locker. I looked down at the heart shaped letter I made and wrote for him. Nervous to be rejected.

"Just put it in already!"

I quickly looked over to see it was Giulia.

"Oh, hey Giulia." I said as I nervously laughed.

"What's stopping you?" She asked. I sighed.

"Rejection." I simply answered. She nod her head.

"I totally understand. That's a simple human reaction to things like this, but you'll never know if you don't try. Plus, I'm sure if Luca doesn't feel the same he wouldn't stop being your best friend, but hey, everyone knows Luca has feelings for you. You just gotta make the first move here. Luca isn't really.. brave enough you could say." She said as she laughed.

"I guess you're right, but first, do you care if I read to you what I wrote him? Just tell me if it's good?" I asked. She smiled as she nod her head.

"Go right ahead." She said.

"My name is Alberto Scorfano and you're my best friend. You're also my biggest crush. Your smile is the first thing I noticed because every time you smile I can't help, but to smile too. Your dancing is so graceful and beautiful I can only dream of dancing so well. Not only are you talented, but you are sweet and kind. I love the way your laugh sounds and how your eyes lit up whenever you learn something new about the world. You're the best part of my day. Be my Valentine? Xoxo, Alberto." I read as I looked up to Giulia.

"That's perfect! Now go slip it into his locker for him to find!" Giulia said. I nod my head as I went to slip it in.

"No need to!"

I stopped in my tracks as Giulia and I looked over to see Luca.

"I- I heard everything." He said as he walked up to us.

"I think I should give you two some space to talk." Giulia said before giving me a reassuring smile before leaving.

"Can I see that?" Luca asked as he pointed to the heart shaped letter. I could feel my cheeks heat up as I nod my head.

"Y- Yeah. It's for you anyways." I said as I handed him the letter. I watched him as he re-read it smiling.

"Just so you know, it's okay if you don't feel the same way! I just hope things aren't awkward or weird or anything-"

"Alberto! It's okay. I would love to be your valentine." He said. My eyes widened.

"Y- You would?" I asked. He giggled.

"Of course! I- I like you too." He said. Before I could say anything else the bell rung.

"I'll see you at lunch." He said as he kissed my cheek before running off.

I was stunned as I slowly reached up touching my cheek. Smiling as I watched him run off to class.

"Don't go breaking my heart.."

***

Just a fun, short, and quick chapter which I hope everyone enjoyed!