You Should Be Sad

Alberto x Abused Luca

Luca's POV

"You don't think I know?! That you're cheating on me with Alberto!" My boyfriend, Rafaello shouted. I was pinned into the corner of his living room, hoping he wouldn't lay a hand on me.

"I- I'm not cheating on you! Alberto is only my friend.." I said as I tried convincing him. He rolled his eyes as he scoffed.

If I'm being honest, I do have major feelings for Alberto. I've had feelings for him since the day I met him and only fallen for him harder as each day passes by. Everything changed when I went to school..

I met Rafaello. We became instant friends and grew close with each other. I gained small feelings for Rafaello to which he returned. I did and do still have huge feelings for Alberto, but I just know he would never feel the same about me.. so, I decided to go with Rafaello, hoping my feelings for Alberto would go away and the small feelings I had for Rafaello would grow stronger. Oh boy, was I wrong..

As time passed by I noticed mine and Rafaello's relationship begin to change.. a lot. It started out with him raising his voice at me and apologizing all the time for it. Like a fool, I forgave him. By two months he started to hit me. It wasn't on a regular basis and he kept promising me he would change. Like a fool again, I forgave him and tried to help him with his anger which only made everything worse..

We've almost been together for three months now. He hits me on a regular basis and tries to keep me away from my friends. Especially Alberto. Nobody knows what's happening in the relationship. I always wear long sleeves shirts and pants to cover the marks he gives me. I make sure to cover my pain with a fake smile and lies which seems to work every time.

"Bullshit!" He shouted as he slapped me across the face with such force that I fell to the floor. I gently held onto my cheek.

"Heh. It's funny really. Do you think he could actually like someone like you? You're lucky enough to even have me. Do you understand that?" He said. I looked up at him, in fear of saying anything wrong.

"I said, do you understand that?" He said again, but slowler this time. I quickly nod my head as he smirked.

"Good. I'll be heading out. Make me some food, will ya?" He said as he headed for the front door and left.

Tears stung my eyes as I curled up into the corner of the room. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a few knocks at the door. I quickly wiped my tears away as I got up and answered it.

"Alberto? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I figured you'd be here. Wanna hang out?" He asked. I sighed.

"I would, but I- I'm a bit busy today.." I said as I tried making an excuse up. He squinted his eyes as he cupped my cheek, caressing his hand gently over it. I hissed in pain as that was the cheek Rafaello slapped.

"What happened?" He asked as he pulled his hand away.

"N- Nothing! I just, tripped and.. fell pretty hard." I said. Alberto seemed to not buy it.

"You can't lie to me, Luca. Like you have been for awhile." He said. My eyes widened.

"Wh-"

"I've noticed. Plus, you are my best friend." He said.

'Plus, you are my best friend.' The words rang through my head as my heart ached at the words, 'best friends'.

"Alberto-"

"What happened? The truth." He said completely serious now. I nervously gulped.

"Uh, I- R- Rafaello.. slapped me.." I said as I looked down ashamed.

"What?" Alberto said. I looked up to see his hands were balled up into fists, making me nervous. I slowly backed away as I kept an eye on his hands.

"Alberto.." I said. He seemed to snap out of it as he realized how nervous I was getting.

"I'm sorry, Luca. I want you to know that I would never lay a finger on you, but Rafaello? Right now I would do anything to pound his face in. How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"Well, i- it started out with him always yelling at me, then he would hit me from time to time, I tried h- helping him with his anger, but it made it worse. Now he hits me all the time a- and puts me down. Telling me nobody could ever like someone like.. me.." I said as a tear escaped from my eye. I gasped at the sudden touch when Alberto gently wiped my tear away.

"Luca.. I know this isn't the time or place, but.. I like you, no, love you. I'm in love with you and have been for the longest time. I'm here to tell you that you are worth everything and I wouldn't trade you for this world. We're leaving and you're leaving Rafaello, today." He said as he cupped my face with both of his hands. I smiled as happy tears filled my vision.

"Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" He asked. I chuckled as I shook my head.

"Not at all. It's just.. I've been so in love with you for awhile now and thought you would never feel the same so, I got into this relationship to try to forget.. I feel so stupid now!" I said.

"Hey, you're not stupid! I have more questions though. I want to know more. Is this why you're always wearing long sleeve and pants when it's one hundred degrees out?" He asked. I slowly nod my head as he kissed my forehead.

"You won't have to worry about that anymore. Come on, let's go." He said as he took my hand. Before he could lead me out the door, Rafaello came back in.

"What's he doing here?" He asked as he glared at Alberto.

"I'm here to take Luca away from you." Alberto said. Rafaello chuckled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"He'll be running back to me when he realizes nobody loves him as much as I do." Rafaello said.

"You don't love me! Alberto, he does. You don't hit someone you love.." I said finally sticking up for myself.

"So you were cheating on me with him!" Rafaello shouted as he pointed his finger at me. Alberto rolled his eyes as he tightened his grip on my hand.

"We don't have time for this. Come on, Luca." Alberto said as we walked out the front door.

"You can't leave me! I'll be sad.." Rafaello said as he grabbed onto my arm. I looked over and glared at him.

"You should be sad." I said. He seemed to be taken back as I ripped my arm from him.

"Goodbye Rafaello." I said before leaving with Alberto.

***

A/N: Hey guys! I wasn't a big fan of this one, but please feel free to tell me what you all think! Hope you're all enjoying the book so far! :)