Remember When

Alberto x Dead Luca

Alberto's POV

It was another lonely night and here I was laying on the tower while looking up at the fishes in the sky. I sighed as I sat up thinking when life used to be so good.

Luca was another sea monster that I met, got him up to the surface, and he got me off the island. We were suppose to win the Portorosso Cup race and run away together, but fate had other plans for us..

A few days before the race Luca became severely ill. Everyone tried to do everything in their power to get him to feel better. I needed him to get better just like everyone else did. He was the only person I had left and now, he's gone too. He ended up passing away a few weeks after we were suppose to do the race. He had to withdraw his name from the race because he was too sick to do it. I also withdraw my name from the race and went off with him. Giulia tried doing the race, but she ended up puking. Making Ercole the winner of the race unfortunately.

After Luca passed away I ran off back to the island where we first was. I haven't talked or visited Giulia or the human town since then. I don't think I can. So many memories of me and Luca are there. I mean, it kills me to even be on this island and in the tower again!

"At the same time though, our memories here are so lovely. This is where I asked you out and had our first date and our first kiss!" I mumbled to myself as I traced circles on the ground. The memories clearly flashing through my mind.

***

"What's been going on with you lately, Alberto? You've been pushing me away a- and does it look like I have years left?! I- I need you, please. Tell me you still want to be my friend.." Luca said. I looked up at the night sky as I sighed. I have been pushing Luca away. Mainly because I'm in love with him and I know he'll never feel the same way, but every time I'm around him I just wanna confess to him.. I can't though. I'll ruin our friendship..

'He doesn't have forever..' I thought as I looked over at him. He's gotten more pale since I last saw him and he looks like he hasn't been getting sleep considering his eye bags have bags.

"It's complicated, Luca-"

"Do you want to be my friend still?! Just tell me.." He said as he looked down at his feet.

'It's now or never..' I thought.

"Luca, I don't want to be your friend." I said. His head shot up as a look of hurt ran through him.

"I want to be more than just your friend.." I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear as he widened his eyes at me. I nervously ran my hand through my hair.

"I'm in love with you, Luca.." I said barely above a whisper. Tears stung my eyes as I saw him smile at me.

"It's okay if you don-"

"I love you too, Alberto. I have for awhile now." Luca said. I smiled as I slowly walked up to him, cupping his cheek.

"Would you wanna go on a date tomorrow night? Not a friend date, but.. would you be my boyfriend type of date?" I asked. He giggled as he kissed my cheek.

"I would love to go on a date with you tomorrow night and I would really love to be your boyfriend." He said. I blushed as he pulled me into a tight hug.

***

I smiled at the memory as tears filled my vision. I slowly laid back down and shut my eyes as our first date filled my head..

***

"Where are we going?" Luca asked as he giggled. We just got out of the water, but I had him blind folded because I wanted this to be a surprise.

"You'll see! Okay. Surprise!" I said as I took my hands off his eyes. He gasped as he saw the set up before him.

There was a table with two chairs, a candle in the middle of the table with some food in front of the chairs on the shore where we first met.

"Do you like it? I decided to do it in the spot where we first met." I said as I shook the water off me. He nod his head as he flashed me the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"I love it!" He said as he flung himself onto me and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"Come on. Let's eat!" I said. He nod his head in agreement as he shook the water off him and we enjoyed our meals.

***

A sobbed escaped my mouth and I quickly put my hand over to stop them from coming out. Then our first kiss played in my head..

***

"The sky is beautiful tonight, huh?" I asked as I looked over at Luca who was admiring the fishes. He looked over at me with that beautiful smile of his.

"It is. You know, I hope when I die I become one of the fishes in the sky. It seems so peaceful." He said. I chuckled as I didn't say anything, but admire his features. I didn't even notice he was staring back at me.

"Whatcha looking at?" He asked making me snap out of my thoughts. I felt my cheeks heat up as I quickly looked away.

"N- Nothing. It's just.. you're so beautiful, Luca and I'm just so lucky to have you." I said as I got the courage to look back over.

"Can I do something?" He asked. I nod my head and the next second I felt his lips on mine. He quickly pulled away as he covered his mouth and making me blush.

"S- Sorry! Maybe I should have specifically ask that.." He said. I chuckled as I cupped his face and went in for a more passionate kiss. When we pulled apart we both smile and pressed our foreheads against each other.

"That was amazing.." He said.

"Agreed." I said. The rest of the night we cuddled and ended up sleeping under the fish.

***

"We had it all.. do you remember?" I said as I looked up at the night sky.